cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled project not moving to inactive items dashboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having a small problem. I have recently imlemented a new project type in my system. For this new Project type, when i set the status of the project to cancelled, it is still appearing within the active items dashboard and not moving to the inactive items dashboard.

There are no problems for the other items in the same portfolio. I think that there is something that i am missing in customizing.

I checked the following node in SPRO.

SAP xRPM-> Global Customizing-> Portfolio Independant settings-> Define Portfolio Item Types-> (Selected my Item) -> Item Statuses.

Here i have 3 statuses defined (ZXX1 ZXX2 and ZXX3) and i have given the status group for them as Active, Cancelled and Closed Respectively. This is similar to the other Item Type that i have.

Could anyone please let me know if there is any other setting which makes my items appear in inactive item dashboard once i have set the project as Cancelled or closed.

Your Help is Appreciated.

Thanks in Advance and Best Regards,

Mz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

The item status in the active item's dashboard shows "Cancelled".

Regards,

Mazin Mahmood

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I appreciate your valuable comments. I found the issue. Apparently we had made some coding so that the values are not captured in the \rpm\item_d_der table.

My apologies for taking up all of your time.

Thanks anyway.

Mz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have checked the above customization and it looks fine. Also i checked the note.

I can't find the mass update option. I am using ABAP dashboard. Currently i am on xrpm4.5 sp13.

I also found out something strange. The status for the xrpm item is getting changed to ZXX2 when i set to cancelled, but for the corresponding record in the table, /RPM/ITEM_D_DER the status group is maintained as 0400 (Active).

Very strange. :S

Any more clues on what i can check

Best Regards,

Mz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mazin,

That is really strange. After saving, what do you see the item status on front-end?

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mazin,

As per the standard behaviour -

The system defines items as inactive when they have a status with the status group Closed or Canceled. You can then see these items in the corresponding Inactive Items tab page of the item dashboard.

Just in case you missed, check that ZXX2 and ZXX3 have been defined with Status Group 'Closed' or 'Canceled'.

Check out if Note 1096693 - Recommendation for Inactive Item after upgrade to SP08 and Note 1141755 - Incorrect filtering of items in Advanced Filter (if you are on RPM 4.0)

Regards,

Vivek Pandey