cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding : SDOE_CLEANUP & Receiver Generation DO data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have one query regarding NWM 7.1 TCode "SDOE_CLEANUP".

I have one Receiver Generation Data Object in SWCV, I have triggered INITIAL LOAD & have got data in the ITEM Table of the BAPI used in this DO. I also have another STANDARD DO which also got data in its respective ITEM Table.

Now when I try to delete the data for this DO through SDOE_CLEANUP TCode then I enter SWCV name. Here Firstly someone please tellme what does

1. Reset R&R Only mean ?

2. Asynchronous Execution ?

Also its deleting the data for Standard DO only & not for Receiver Generation DO. Dont know the reason. Ideally it should delete all data for a given SWCV but it doesnt do it.

The work-around for this I did was to comment all code in RecGen DO BAPI & again trigger Initial Load, this time it deleted the RecGen data also.

Pls let me know the reason behing this weird behaviour..

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Saptak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Reset R&R Only: This will reset all the calculated distribution to devices. It does not clean up CDS.

What it means: The DOE will forget which instances went to which devices, and the rules will be deactivated and need to be reactivated again (after which, DOE will send fresh Inserts to subscribing devices which may already have got the data before RR Reset)

2. Asynchronous: The cleanup will be done in a queue (if you know there is a lot of data to be cleaned, this is a good option to select). The queue follows the pattern DOECLNUP* and can be monitored in the SMQ2 transaction.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easiest way is to add a return statement as the first line in your getlist bapi wrapper and execute a delta download.This will delete all the CDS entries of the reciever gen data object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Reolved it by commenting the code in getList. Thanks for all your support.

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. SDOE_CLEANUP will consider only Standarad & Two-Way objects. It will clean up the data related to Receiver generation or Subscription generation objects. So, because of this data for receiver generation object is not deleted when you have performed cleanup for SWCV.

2. When you delta load for particular object, if the Get List Bapi doesn't return any values then DOE will delete the entire data in CDS which is what the outcome you have seen.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

From your explaination I understand that SDOE_CLEANUP doesnt delete Receiver Generation DO's data.. So if in case one wants to delete it what is the option available ??

Hi Arjun,

Thanks alot for your inputs..It helped clear my doubts..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saptak,

To delete the data from a receiver generation DO you can either

1. Delete the entire data fromt he backed and load the DO again, which is the way you are trying to avoid i guess

OR

2. Have a breakpoint in you Getlist bapiwrapper. And during debugging make sure the Getlist returns zero keys and execute it. This will make sure you have the data is still in the backend but is cleaned up from the CDS.

Let us know in case in case u need further clarifications.

Best Regards, Pramod