cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URI format for using XSL document function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the blog [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1147] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; there is information about design time value-mappings in XSLT. This technique uses the XSLT Document function to read in an XML mapping file, but I am not able to figure out where I should place the xml file. What are best practices for choosing a location for the xml file?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

>>but I am not able to figure out where I should place the xml file. What are best practices for choosing a location for the xml file?

You can place the xslt code and xml file in a single folder, zip it an import it into PI as an external definition. I think this should work

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. But my requirements are such that they need to be independent, and not be in the same imported archive (ie ZIP file). In my case the XSLT code is a standard product that is the same across multiple installations, but each installation may required some installation specific cross reference values that would be maintained in the XML file. So I need them separated so if I make updates to my XSLT and distribute it, I do not wipe out the installation specific settings that have been made to the XML file.

Answers (0)