cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parse Failed - Invalid Definition (UNV0023)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to set default value(last entered prompt value has to be retained)in the universe.I am using the following condition in the universe

<OPTIONAL><FILTER KEY="[ZZ_PR]"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="Equal"><CONSTANT TECH_NAME="@Prompt('Enter Port Region','A','Port Region\LovEnter Port RegionBase',mono,primary_key,persistent,{'ATLANTIC':'[ZPORTRG].[ATLANTIC]'})"/></CONDITION></FILTER></OPTIONAL>

When i parse it i am getting "PARSE FAILED: INVALID DEFINITION(UNV0023)" Error.

Can some one help me in solving this.

Thanks in advance,

Bhargava Bommidi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have known issues with objects parsing in Universe Designer especially with prompts definition.

Those issues will fixed in BOE XI 3.1 SP3.

There is no problem with the prompt syntax you wrote and it would normally work correctly in Web Intelligence.

Regards,

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Didier,

Thanks for ur response.

Actually when i run the webi query for the first time. It is taking the Default value.

But if i change the value to some other value and run the query then from that time onwards that value is shown in the prompt.

For example.

First time when i run the query the DEFAULT prompt will be shown as ABC and i run the query the results will be displayed.

If i rerun the query by changing the Default value(prompt) from ABC to DEF then i run the query results will be displayed.

If i rerun the query again then in the default value(prompt) DEF is shown instead of ABC.

Actually as per my requirement evry time i refresh the query default value to be shown is ABC.

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhargava Bommidi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do to this you just have to midify the prompt option to not persist the value selected by the user: parameter not_persistent.

So your sample will look like this:

<OPTIONAL><FILTER KEY="ZZ_PR"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="Equal"><CONSTANT TECH_NAME="@Prompt('Enter Port Region','A','Port Region\LovEnter Port RegionBase',mono,primary_key,not_persistent,{'ATLANTIC':'ZPORTRG.ATLANTIC'})"/></CONDITION></FILTER></OPTIONAL>

Regards,

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have the same problem:

<FILTER KEY="[0CALDAY].[LEVEL01].[TECH_NAME]"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="Between"><CONSTANT TECH_NAME="@Prompt('Kies een begindatum','D','Calendar Day\L01 Calender Day',Mono,primary_key)"></CONSTANT><CONSTANT TECH_NAME="@Prompt('Kies een einddatum','D','Calendar Day\L01 Calender Day',Mono,primary_key)"></CONSTANT></CONDTION></FILTER>

Als error UNV0023.

I'm using BO XI 3.1

I installed FP 2.4

Must I also wait for SP 3??? or is my syntax wrong?

THNX

Regrds Peter

Answers (0)