cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J1IGA Posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Additional Excise at depot is paid through J1IGA. When J1IGA is executed systems shows more than one line item with different Folio Nos. (In my case it is now 7 line items with 7 different Folio nos.). All the line items have different materials with different quantity and respective excise duties.

In our scenario we have sold only one material out of this seven item with higher excise. Now we want to post this excise difference through J1IGA. When we execute J1iga, we are able to see all the line items associated with that excise no. Out of these we want to post excise difference only for one material which we have sold. However when we enter the values of that material in respective field and press enter system asks us to enter values for remaining items also i.e. entry in all line item is compulsory.

Pls guide how can we post Excise only of one line item or what is the alternate method to do this.

Thanks & regards,

Shailendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you were trying for a Price Increase scenario in Depot process.

Just to recheck at your end, I give below the procedure as to how this should have been done in SAP.

1) The first step is to arrive the excise base amount. To arrive this value, you need to consider the balance quantity available in Depot against that excise invoice. Next you have to arrive the difference in selling rate. Multiply this balance quantity by difference in rate. You will get a value. Calculate ED, Cess and ECess on this value. Make a note of this.

2) Go to J1IH, select Other Adj, maintain material code, balance quantity, ED, Cess & SCess, block this line item and click on "Determine G/L Accounts". Maintain Business Area for that item where the tab "Cr/Dr" shows "C" and save. Again key in Business Area and Cost Center and hit the green tick. Save the document and at the bottom screen, a number will be populated which is nothing but JV / Folio number. Make a note of this.

3) Calculate ED payable. that is difference in selling rate multiplied by original despatched quantity from factory to depot. Calculate ED & Cess on this.

4) Now go to J1IGA, key in origi excise invoice and year. Maintain the JV number under "A Certificate" tab, ED in "Addl.BED" and Cess and save the document. Note down the internal document number

5) Finally, from depot, you can create a sale order if not already created and follow the normal process.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the reply. It is really helpfull. But i have problem in J1IGA posting. In my case when we enter Excise Invoice no in J1IGA system shows 7 line items each having different Folio No. Now I am selling only one material out of these 7 items. And i want to make entry for that Item only. However system is not allowing me to enter values for only one line item and wants me to enter values for all line item.

My question is what should i do so that i can enter value for only one line item.

Thanks in advance.

Shailendra Panhale

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said above, in J1IGA, were you able to see the "A CERTIFICATE No", tab as an editable one ?? There you should maintain the JV number so that system will allow to proceed further. If not, somewhere your process wrong.

It is better, you create a similar scenario in development server and follow my suggestion. Let me know where you struck.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the reply.

When i run J1IGA and enter Excise Invoice no. it shows me 7 line items. A-Certificate No is editable for all the line items. And due to this only it is creating problem. It is asking for entry/ values for all the line items. However i want to post additional Excise for only one line item.

Pls guide.

Once again thanks for the help.

Regards,

Shailendra Panhale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any replies or updates.

Pleae guide.

Thanks

Shailendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Shailendra

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried to test right from PO creatiion as suggested by me in development server ?? I am sure, you should not face this problem. Since for the next couple of days, I will not be having access to SAP and hence, I am unable to test at my end. Once I have SAP access, will test and give you feedback.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

The issue is resolved. Had to apply SAP Note as the SAP Version was 4.6c.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Shailendra

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Happy to note that your problem is resolved. By the by, please let me know which note you had applied.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any replies or suggestions please?

thanks & regards,

shailendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,