cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependent demand delete after sending order to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert

We are working with SNP and we have a question about the dependent demand. When we send the production planned orders from SAP APO to SAP ECC, the Dependent Demand is deleted in the planning book for the components associate in the PPMs. This is the standar behavior of SNP?

regards

david

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI David

the dependent demand should not go away in any case when the planned orders are comming back from ECC to APO.

IN standard the planned orders go to ECC and the BOM is exploded again. Pls check the following things.

1. Is the dependent demand visible in /sapapo/rrp3 view. If yes then maybe the default category assigned in the planning area of SNP needs to have all the categories od dependent demand assigned to it (AY, AZ) against the demand key figure ur looking at.

2. If the dependent demand is not visible in rrp3 too then check in ECC if the dependent demands are visible, if its not visible there too then create a manual order in ECC and see if dependent demand is getting generated for the Low level codes.

what i think is the PPM of APO and BOM+routing of ECC might not be matching.

Regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender

Thanks for your quick answer. What happend if where are not usisng the same PPMs in ECC and APO?

For example

PPM in APO

Product A

Component B and C

BOM + routing in ECC

Product A

Component B and D

In this example, if i send a production order of the product A from APO/SNP to ECC, the only dependent demand that I should see in APO and should be visible y transaction RRP3 is for the component B?

I´m asking this because we check at least one PPM and BOM for the same product and they have at least 1 o more component macht.

Answering your question:

1. Yes, the dependent demand is visible in rrp3 before i send the production orders to ECC. after we send the production order to ECC the dependent demand it´s not visible.

Thanks

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI David

the PPM and BOM+ routing = Prodn version should be exactly matching between the two systems. If they are

not system is bound to give errors. Either the Orders will get stuck in CIf que or the planned orders which re-explode in ECC will choose different components in ECC than what was originally happened in APO. That might be the case happening with your scenario , the components are getting replaced in ECC when orders are created thru CIF in ECC.

Regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender

Thanks for your answer. We make some test in APO and ECC and these are the results.

We create a PlndOrds in APO and we send it to ECC. We run the MPR in ECC to reexploded the BOM and now we can see the dependent demand in the planning book and also in ECC. When we convert the PlndOrds to PrdOrds in ECC, the status in ECC changes to order reserve and because of this change of status, in APO the dependent demand it´s not showing in the planning book.

This is the standar functionality of APO?

There are some categories for the order reserve in APO?

I remember in the APO training when they said that not all the components of all the products have to be model in APO, only the ones that are critical for the supply chain. So I get lost when you say that the PPM have to match exactly as the BOM in ECC.

Regards

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI David

i will explain this to you in a Better way.

lets say you have and finished Product A , and it is made from 3 raw materials B,C,D.

Now you want to plan A,B,C in APO as they are critical and D in ECC.

Your BOM of A should have b,c,d. The MRP type of A,B and C will be X0 and That of D will Be PD.

The PD material will have also to be ciffed to APO so that it can be part of The PPM and get the dependent demand

to ECC.

Now when you plan in APO you will have planned orders in APO for A and dependent demand for B,C,D.

then you plan for BC in APO and D in ECC. As all the dependent demands will be published in ECC. If you create

orders in APO for a PD matrial that is D in our case then the orders will not be published in ECC. since it is an internally

planned MRP type and will not take orders from an External system.

if you do this correctly all the other things will follow.

Regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Adding to what Virender has said,

you are right, there are certain order categories which need to be mapped with requsite key figures (usually dependent demand) key figure in your planning area. The standard SAP categories which are used to map order reservations are AU, AV, AW or AY depending upon your business scenarios.

can you please check in your plannig area if either of these categoties are attached to the dependent demand key figure?

Rgds, Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I add the category AU in the planning area and now when we change the order from PlndOrds to PrdOrds in ECC, we can see the dependent demand in the planning book, so it´s working perfect. Thanks!!!!!

The only thing is that we have to run the MRP when we send PlndOrds from APO to ECC to reexplode the BOM in ECC, All the things that you guys posted in this forum, make me thing that this is happening because we did not include all the componente from the BOM, only the ones are critical for planning (i mean the ones that has X0 in the MRP type). Using your past example, if we have and finished Product A (MRP Type X0) , and it is made from 3 raw materials B(MRP Type X0),C (MRP Type X0) and D (MRP Type PD). So, PPMs in APO only include the product A (as output) and raw materials B and C (as input), we let the raw material D in ECC

Changing this could be a high risk for the company, so my question is: ¿Can we work with this process flow?

1. Run SNP

2. Send PlndOrds from APO to ECC.

3. Run MRP in ECC.

4. Convert PlndOrds to PrdOrds in ECC

Ones again thanks for your help

regards

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Your sequence is correct. Running SNP solver in APO first will ensure that planned order is generated in APO. This will create dependent demand for all 3 componenets, B,C & D. if your integration model is correctly set up the dependent demand will flow to ECC. again if you run the SNP solver, it will generate receipts for B & C and you will have to trigger a MRP run in ECC so that receipts for D are generated in ECC.

for converting planned order to production order, you may even do it in product view in APO or in ECC. however it has to ensured that the above mentioned logical sequence is followed so that dependent demand for all the componenets in generated properly in both the systems.

I hope above mentioned procedure helps.

Rgds, Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Run SNP

2. Send PlndOrds from APO to ECC.

3. Run MRP in ECC.

4. Convert PlndOrds to PrdOrds in ECC

The sequence is correct, but has to be refined .....

1. First CIF the PD material to APO so that it can get the dependent demand of material D from APO to ECC.

2. Send SNP heuristic on A which will generate the Planned orders of A and dependent demand of B,C,D.

3. Send the planned orders o ECC .... All the planned orders and dependent demand will go to ECC.

4. When you run the MRP in ECC, it should not be for A as its a X0 material and the System should not allow it also.....

run the MRP for material D planning.

5. Convert the orders from Plnd to Prodn orders the BOM should automatically re-explode.

Regards

Virender

Answers (0)