Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security authorization restrication for IW32 transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The client requirement is to not allow to change any field for an order. I run the trace for each and every changes and i didnu2019t locate any sort of related object to restrict for not allowing them to modify the fields like "changed and saved the entries in Mn.wk.ctr and Func. Loc".

For Example: Run IW32 - > Order number - > hit enter - > it will take to next screen and the order status will be REL.

In that status system is populating all the fields of that screen with changed mode, it mean that allows user to change any field under that status and save the changes.

Let me know is there a way from security end to restrict it? if so that will helps alot for the requirement of the client.

Kindly help us.

Thanks & Regards

SV

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukumar,

Have you tried using variant (SHDO). It can help you restrict the field entries , if not possible then you need to discuss this with developer and create customized version of Tcode as per your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukumar,

I remember working on IW32 earlier.. What exactly do you want to restrict here? Do you want to restrict the user from releaseing the order? or closing the order or not allowing the user to change any specific field on the screen?

Regards,

CP

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check screen exit for that particular field if exist, so that u can disable that particular field for this transaction or in all transaction in which that field is used. Check with ABAP team for more information on exit.

0 Kudos

I doubt if that will solve the problem as I think the requirement would be for some people to have the access and some people not to have the access... And I don't think you can execute a Modify Screen in ABAP from a screen exit in IW32...

Edited by: chinmaya prakash on Jan 21, 2010 9:06 AM

Edited by: chinmaya prakash on Jan 21, 2010 9:10 AM

0 Kudos

Prakash,

In my query i have given with an example that when a order is in status REL then system is allowing to modify any field under that screen.

I will try with the given soultions, please let me know if you find any other alternative soultion.'

thanks alot for each and everyone for giving the right suggestions.

SV