cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger Message Catalogue - Need more messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

very quick and simple question. The standard catalogue given with Seeburger MD/BIC doesn't have some of the messages I need e.g. INVOIC (D01B) and a few others.

What is the best and quickest way to achieve this?

I doubt if there are any financial charges for this?

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as already suggested you can:

a) contact Seeburger (there might be a charge but i'd try that first)

b) develop the structure in BIC Mapping Designer

If you have an existing Edifact Structure in the BIC Mapping Designer, for example INVOIC_D96A, you can

copy this structure, rename it to 01B and edit it (Remove/Add Segments and fields).

regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the reply. I am hoping there shouldn't be any charge for it

As the structures are quite easily available on the net e.g. the controlling body site however would require minor changes as per seeburger.

What I am finding hard is there is no documentation I can find on mapping designer except the one pdf which came with it but that doesn't give me much except how to a mapping.

I need to more validations in even for other scenario's e.g. check the CNT segment but don't know to edit these things in mapping designer. Any resource you have?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seeburger won't be charging you...they will provide you with just the XML...using this xml in BICMD you will have to create a XSD and later EDI2XML and XML2EDI structures...

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thankyou for answering this. I am closing this one and will open one for BIC designer and further validations.

regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope INVOIC BIC mapping is available from basic version of Seeburger.

if your requreiment is some thing diffrent from standard then go for Inhouse mapping development in BIC, otherwise use standard BIC mappings available for standard messages.

Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you contact seeburger...i think they will charge you...

other option is to develop them by yourself... which is not a big task also....

Check the documents available in the BIC MD tool installation directory for the same..

HTH

Rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh on Jan 21, 2010 10:50 AM