cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDIFACT/X12 Interchange counter tracking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need some suggestions on the best way of handling this.

Currently doing an SAP PI 7.1 implementation and one of them requires pickup/droppOFF to VAN.

So as you know each Interchange is numbered in incrementing sequence. e.g 112, 113, 114

So apparently sometimes what happens is you can miss one interchange somewhere in the cloud so I would have received 112, and 114 but never got 113.

Hence we have a requirement to trigger an alert for that if that happens and this check should be done like lets say every 2 hours.

We are using Seeburger (FTP/VAN) and EDI adapter for this implemenation.

Any simple solutions/suggestions?

thanking you

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i assume that your incoming messages are running throguh a message mapping in PI.

You could use the Seeburger Mapping Variables to store the interchange number into a

Seeburger Variable within the Workbench. Every time you execute a message mapping

you can then first lookup the last value, compare to the current value and check if it is in sequence.

Then update the value. But if you receive and process multiple files at a time, you have to make

sure that each file is processed in sequence. So i think there won't be a quick and simple solution for this...

regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Just for the benefit of everyone if they would require this situation somewhere. I know one solution already but was wondering if there was something provided as a standard.

Solution:

What we can do is while doing message mapping we can store the Interchange control number in a table on ABAP stack. And every two hours or so run a simple report program which sorts the list in acsending/decsending order and if one is missing an alert can be raised. As what one has to keep in mind is when these things come from the VAN they don't always reach to you in the same order.

So you have to allow sometime for it.

However it means maintaining an extra table. What i was wondering if this can be defined as a global variable in Seeburger (as daniel said earlier) and then somehow we could access these table from lets say an abap program?

Any pointers will be helpful.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that can be a good idea to store the interchange number in a Z table.

means you need to add antoher ABAP mapping to pass the value to the table.

and run a Z report for every 2 Hrs. to trigger a mail which contains the missing intercahnge numbers.

Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you are receiving message from VAN and if message with particular Interchange number is missing,

there is no way to trigger any alert for that since message is not yet received.

for those missing messages some times you may see any entry in Seeburger workbench like 'initiation back to pending' in yellow otherwise there is no clue about the message in PI until customer complians.

the answer for these type of errors from Seeburger is upgrade latest version.

and when you are sending message,

counter bean value will be incremented by 1 even if you test your mapping in IR.

Regards,

Suresh

Edited by: Suresh Reddy Avutu on Jan 21, 2010 6:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the counters which is displayed in the seeburger workbench.....

Also check if there are any mappings used internally...as the counter bean used increment sequentially only....

if have used the mapping twice...(i.e counter bean property used twice in the mapping...then numbers get incremented for each mapping ...and as a result you will be seeing the counter incremented by 2)

Hope this clears you

Rajesh