cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major issue in CUP 5.3 SP10 change request workflow...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Looking for some guidance

Overview of our very basis workflow:

1) requestor makes change request (does not select roles, just outlines what security is needed in Request Reason section)

2) goes to manager for approval

3) after manager approval, security administration team selects appropriate roles for the user

(Note: Stage 3, security administration, is made up of a team of security admins, configured as a Custom Approver Determinator for this stage. Upon manager approval, the request goes to the security CAD, where one and only one of the team members has to address it)

4) (detour path) IF role or roles do not have role approver, request automatically provisioned through CUA to appropriate backend SAP client

4) IF role or roles have role approvers, request goes to role approver for approval

5) upon approval from role approver(s), request automatically provisioned through CUA to appropriate backend SAP client

(Note: Obviously some roles have approvers, some do not. Many requests contain a mix of roles that require approval and those that do not...)

This has worked pretty well for the most part. We didn't run into any major issues with this basic workflow. Most of our test scenarios worked fine.

Then we upgraded to SP10 last week...

NOW, when a security administrator (at stage 3) selects some roles that require role approval and some do not, and clicks approve, it doesn't push the request on to stage 4. The request is now staying in Stage 3, security admin stage, pending the approval of the other security admins of the CAD group.

It never used to do this and it has never been configured to do this. It literally just started doing this.

Here's the kicker - this only happens when a security admin selects a mix of roles with role approvers and roles without role approvers. If the security admin selects only roles with role approvers, the request goes through fine. If the security admin selects only roles with no role approver, the request goes through fine.

Very strange and perhaps a new bug in SP10...

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot? Any piece of configuration I might be missing?

Again, this never used to happen. It's only recently since upgrading to SP10 that we are seeing this...

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if I need to elaborate further...

Thanks!

--

Jes

Edited by: Jes Behrens on Jan 20, 2010 4:28 PM

Edited by: Jes Behrens on Jan 20, 2010 4:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jes,

This sounds like a bug to me. Did you open message with SAP? Open the message ASAP so if this is a bug SAP can fix this in time for SP11. We applied SP10 and approval process after request escalation stopped working.

Alpesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jes,

We reported a similar issue with UAR/SOD workflow to SAP few days back. Before SP10 CUP was automatically forwarding the request to next stage if any one of the approver from CAD approves the request. However with SP10 now all the approvers from CAD have to approve the request before it moves to next stage or gets closed.

SAP has identified it as a bug. We are expecting them to release a fix soon.

Your issue sounds similar, I would recommend to log a SAP message.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for your responses! I am creating a SAP message right now. This is a big issue for us. It's extremely unfortunate and disappointing that SP10 appears to have caused this.

Is anyone else experienceing anything similar?

And I apologize for the formatting of my original post - It looks normal when I go to "edit" it, but when I save the message, it lumps the entire message into one paragraph with no line breaks, tabs, formatting, etc.

--

Jes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys!

I have a doubt.... In my WF for approval access in CUP we have define 3 STAGES:

1- First Approval: Just define the function the user should have, he doesn´t choose any role-

2- Security: Selec the roles

3- Role Owner

When Security Lead selec roles.... my workflow re start waiting the First Approval. But I really don´t want this happen... there´s a possibility that if Security change the request this doesn´t happend and the request go to next stage (not back)???

Thanks!

Kind Regards