cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raising Faults in a Sync Scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PI experts,

I really need an answer to this question, most of the answers i find out about this is all negative. 'PI can't do that w/o BPM'

Scenario: SOAP<->PI<->RFC(sync)

Problem: in case of application specific errors, RFC response will have a field that will indicate that an application error occured,  i will have to check for this. Now , if an application error occured i will have to raise a Soap fault.

Approach taken:
1. Created a fault message type. 
2. in the reponse mapping : 
Src: (RFC response)  Target: (SOAP Response + Fault message type) 2messges in target

My plan is to create the Fault on indication of an application fault in the source,  I hit a ROADBLOCK in the interface mapping saying it was not allowed,

I was wondering if PI can't really handle such a scenario? Weather a BPM needed to be built for such a small scenario?

I may be wrong,

Please correct me experts.

Would appreciate your help and assistance a lot!

thanks,

Hank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Multimapping is possible even with out BPM.

Please check the below points:

1. Have you defined a single synchronous interface for response and faultMessageType ?

2. In the operation mapping, are you able to see two target message types and one source message type?

If all the above things are fine, then the mapping should work.(assuming you are using PI7.1)

Regards,

Swetha.

Edited by: Swetha Reddy on Jan 21, 2010 9:03 AM

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dont do application error handling just creat an Alert rule it will handle everything,

I know it sounds bit stupid but keep your option open

thanks,

Sunil Singh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>Src: (RFC response) Target: (SOAP Response + Fault message type) 2messges in target

in case you add a fault message to your service interface you should have a new tab in the target mapping (for fault message)

and not create 1 - 2 mapping

but wouldn't it be better to create the RFC without the fault message (just with bapiret segment in which you can pass application errors) ?

this way you can map them to the soap response and handle it nicely

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Michal, i did suggest the folks about this option, but looks like this is not an option for them(Creating an RFC fault)

in case you add a fault message to your service interface you should have a new tab in the target mapping (for fault message)
and not create 1 - 2 mapping

my question to you again is this.

i have added a fault message in the target and have done a 1-2 mapping, but when i create the Interface mapping - when i specify the respone mapping it fails.

Thank you for answering

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
i have added a fault message in the target and have done a 1-2 mapping, but when i create the Interface mapping - when i specify the respone mapping it fails.

You should not do a 1:2 mapping...the mapping for Fault message should be done separately....when you have the fault message included in both the Interfaces (Source and target) you will get an option of Fault along with Request and Response in Operation Mapping...in there you should include the fault message mapping.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate your reply,

But please read the question.........i can't do a fault mapping seperately that is not an option right now, i need to raise an application fault on seeing a condition in the response of the RFC.

Thanks for the tip on alerts...but that is not what i am trying to achive

Hank