cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while testing Dispatcher: Cannot locate registry information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am setting up Identity Management and running into issues when I am testing the Dispatcher, I get the followin error:

Cannot locate registry information for the Java runtime. Is the JRE properly installed?

I checked the Java_Home path in the environment variable and it is correctly pointing to the right folder. Also in the command promp I executed command java -version which returned the correct result with the version 1.4.2_24-rev-b06. Not sure what I am missing.

Please help!

Regards,

Junaid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have resolved the previous issue of Registry not found. I actually missed to add the Java path in the Management Console Tools -> Option -> Java tab. However now I am getting a new error as shown below

Error loading Java Virtual machine DLL : C:\j2sdk1.4.2_24-x64\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll.

I have checked and the .dll file do exist in the above path.

Please help!

Regards,

Junaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Under tools->options I can set the path to jvm.dll, too.

Maybe there's something wrong in your configuration?

My path uses folder "client" instead of "server": C:\j2sdk1.4.2_19\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

And I'm not sure if the IdM-MMC supports x64 (as seen in your java folder path)?!

Try to install the MMC on a "standard" windows, I suppose it'll work there...

BR

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

The install guide for the runtime components says:

Make sure to install the 32-bit version of the Java Runtime Environment on Microsoft Windows and 64-bit on Unix.

So Michael was right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael and Christan,

I read the same thing in the documents that a 32bit JVM should be downloaded. However, there was also note in the IDM Overview doucment

"If the Runtime Components are installed on a server with SAP NetWeaver AS Java, the Runtime Components may use the Java Runtime Environment 1.4.X that is part of the SAP NetWeaver AS Java installation."

So based on the above note, I used the JVM that came with "j2sdk1.4.2_24-x64" which is 64bit because my Operating System is 64 bit and the machine is x64.

So, is there something that I am missing? Also, how would I run different version of JVM on the system. One for NW Java 7.0 and the other for IDM 7.1?

Regards,

Junaid

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can set the JRE you want to use in the Management Console under options.

Also: When you go to <install dir>\SAP\IdM\Identity Center\Java do you fine sapjco,jar there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Under the options I have the following path set for Java:

Path to JAVA.exe: C:\j2sdk1.4.2_24-x64\jre\bin\java.exe

Path to jvm.dll: C:\j2sdk1.4.2_24-x64\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

JDBC Driver: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver;com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver;com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB;org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver;sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver;oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver;COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver;COM.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver;COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver

CLasspath extension: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver\sqljdbc_1.2\enu\sqljdbc.jar

Yes, I do see the file sapjco.jar in the directory you mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have a 64bit sandbox here. But I think I had this exact problem when I tried to use the 64bit JRE. Besides, this is version 1.4

But you can try to get the 32bit JRE from java.com and then point the management console to it.

You must most likely recreate the dispatcher scripts.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Junaid, can you please tell me if you were able to resolve your issue for IDM. I am facing exact same issue and my settings are also exactly like yours.

Error loading Java Virtual machine DLL : C:\j2sdk1.4.2_24-x64\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll.