cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reasons for whether item is relevant for Embargo checking?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When checking the logs of export documents I noticed that some are not checked for Embargo and has the message "This item is not relevant for checking."

I understand that for SPL the document only checks whether the partners are blocked and does not always check against the master SPL unless there is a manual change in the document. However, I always assumed that the Embargo check took place on every document.

For example, I have 2 absolutely identical deliveries with same material, origin/destination region and country, same partners, etc. But for some reason they have different logs. One has "This item is not relevant for checking" while the other displays the embargo/SPL checks which are released.

Can anyone please explain this?

Edited by: Sammy Chan on Jan 20, 2010 10:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the config for the assignment of item categories. We have gotten such a message when we had not properly assigned an Item Category to a Customs Item Category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The delivery type, material, plant and item category are all the same so I don't believe that is the cause.

former_member58030
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sammy,

Try sending the document manually again and recheck the document in GTS, or try creating and testing with new Order.

Regards,

Prarit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried resending the document several times but it still shows as not relevant for checking.

When I create a new delivery all of the deliveries have checks in the log. I do not seem to be able to replicate this issue but it has happened on quite a few logs that I have seen so it is not uncommon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friend,

I had a similar situation in one of my client, we later found out that my customer/vendor master data did not have all required data filled in, check your data in GTS to make sure all require coulmn for embargo check, country at each BP is avialble.

update your BP with proper address in the transaction line item level and Header level.

re-transfer the data to GTS

recheck embargo/spl this should clear away

good luck

mkr

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Sammy,

Could it have something to do with dates? did you activate embargo check recently or longer ago? could it be old documents, created before the embargo activation?

BR Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really appreciate everyone's responses. However, the issue still remains.

I've checked the partners and no data are missing. We have been using embargo for over 2 years and everything has valid dates. We check on the country level and all of the countries under country-specific information are dated from the beginning to end of time.

Part of the problem is that the deliveries with this message and ones with the checks are created from the same sales order so all of the partners are the same. It just seems sometimes the system performs the check and sometimes it thinks it is not relevant. It may be a real issue that I may need to open a SAP message for but just wanted to check if anyone else have dealt wtih this problem before.

former_member58030
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Try looking for notes, check the following one

Note# 585035 ( Embargo situation is not recognized )

Regards,

Prarit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prarit, but I don't think this note applies to us. The symptom of this note is "During the embargo check..." which means the check is already been in process. My issue applies that the system is not even recognizing that a check is relevant and doesn't even look at the embargo situation of the partner. Also, this note applies only to version 1.0 and we are on 7.2

I've looked at messages but could not find anything on this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammy,

Did you find out the issue? I have the same problem here?

Thanks in advance for your help and regards,

Marc

Edited by: Marc P. Gilomen on Nov 1, 2010 11:27 AM

0 Kudos

hi

The Deliveries in which you are having problem, please check there is Planned / Actual GI Date is not blank. Embargo check happens on transactional data and Planned / Actual GI Date is a important transactional data for Embargo Check.

Let me know.

Thanks

Dushyant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well our problem must be an other one. We had this issue with the delivery date also, but this must be an other one because we have now filled this data for all sales orders.

You have an other suggestion?

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Does the system determine the embargo legal regulation and then decides "this item is not relevant for embargo check"? Or does it even not find a relevant legal regulation? If it finds the legal regulation, then there should be also a log which criteria was considered for the decision. If you compare that log in the checked and not checked document: Are there any differences?

BR Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

We found the solution. One position in the sales order we where transferring was allready fully delivered. And therefore the System transmitts that the position is no longer relevant for any check.

Regards,

Marc

Answers (0)