Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bidder gets "no authorization for the action" when creating response to RFx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. I am working with SRM 7.0. As a bidder with

Portal Role: RFx Respondent

SRM Role: /SAPSRM/BIDDER

I was trying to create a response for an RFx by highlighting one of the eRFx in the query result list and clicking on "Create Response" button. I was given a pop up window with error "User is not authorized for the action". This happens to all eRFx in the bidder's list. I was able to properly launch the RFx by clicking on "Display Event" though. Any pointers in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay

drill this note code howeve rit is appliacable for srm600. u will get clue

Note 1151053 - Invalid authorization error is displayed to the user

Symptom

During RFx creation even though user has permissions to create a new document system throws a error message:"User is not authorized for the action".

Other terms

Authorization Checks, Bid Invitation, RFx, Not Authorized for the Action.

Reason and Prerequisites

This error is caused by a program error.

eze:- please help Jay. he is facing the same issue whice you encountered long back

Muthu

Edited by: Muthuraman Govindasamy on Jan 20, 2010 10:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. That was a good point to start looking. However, I traced the code all the way into and out of SRM appliation without hitting any error, but then in the WD framework, the error came out of nowhere. I will try again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is due to an improper BADI activation (for some reason an ICC BADI was activated). After deactivating the BADI implementation, bid response worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

We are facing the same problem. Could you please let us know what is 'ICC BADI'?

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure. ICC BADIs are BADIs designed for country specific purpose. Normally, clients don't implement or activate those BADIs unless specifically required. In our case, one of those BADIs was somehow activated, but with blank implementation. That throw the process off.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am facing the same issue. i checked the note and in SRM 7.0 its absolutely correct. I am not able to figure out which would be the ICC Badi to deactivate. Also, what could be the other possible reasons for this error.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Mithun

Answers (0)