cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to file synchronous scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We have an RFC with request and responce structure(i.e synchrounous), we need to convert the request msg to a comma seperated file and place it in certain FTP loaction.Then a third party will authenticate the file and put it back in the same FTP (could be seperate folder) ,PI needs to pick this file and map it to the respose structure of RFC and send it back to SAP.

Planning to do it in BPM , but can any one suggest if they have similar implementations and the best appraoch for this.

Regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I would suggest to

Create Proxy to File scenari (call u r RFC in the proxy to get best performance)

Create File to Proxy Scenario to take the file after authentication.

It will give u best perfformance withouut using BPM.

thanks,

Sunil Singh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Then a third party will authenticate the file and put it back in the same FTP (could be seperate folder)

Even i would prefer Michal's approach if you can create two RFCs...one for the Request and one for teh Response....also the above statement of yours could mean that you dont know how long it will take for the Third Party to authenticate the File....any mismatch in the Wait time will cause the BPM to Timeout and also not a recommended approach to make the BPM wait.

Regards,

Abhishek.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>We have an RFC with request and responce structure(i.e synchrounous), we need to convert the request msg to a comma seperated file and place it in certain FTP loaction.

you should absolutely not do it this way - make the RFC asyn (2 rfc) and create two separate RFC flow

the way you propose (with BPM) will be too slow and the users will not be happy about that

and it will be because of the design and not because of PI

so change the design to use two async rfc

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk