Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material determination

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

When I entered a material which has substitution reason 004 item category is determined as TAPS....how that is happening and at the same time when I entered a material which has 005 reason item category is determined as TAN.....can anyone explain how item cat is determined differently?.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its becasue of the controls maintained in Substitution reason-

0004- Automatic Material selection- will display the substituation material as subitem. with item cat:TAPS ( not relevant for billing or pricing) & main item , item cat- there will be no selection box trigger with this reason.

Item cat det'n:

OR NORM PSEL TAX TAPS - Sub Item

OR NORM PSHP TAX - Main Item

0005- *selection box will pop up for main item(*Strategy) & once substitute product is selected, then this *item will be replaced(*Outcome) the main item.

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply.....since TAPS is not relevant for pricing then how pricing will happen for material determination scenarios?....to my understanding material determination is done for the purposes like obsolete material,promoting a new product,.etc....so here obviously pricing has to b carried out for the material which is replaced....so why is it not relevant for pricing?......thanks in advance......

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have tested ur scenario,

I am not sure, whether this kind of scenario exist in the market.

But i will try to present, how it is happening at present.

With Substitue reason:0004.

replaced item will be copied as sub item with item cat:TAPS ( which is not relevant for billing & its sch.line catLPP which acts exactly like "CP"- with mov type:601)

main item- item cat:TAX- relevant for billing, but not relevant for delivery.

-When creating delivery, both items will be copied in delivery, but delivery will happend only for replaced item & in billing, only main item will be copied ( its because copy control settings in VTFL @ item cat-level, billing qtty:G).

With the above testing cycle,

What I understood is, Material determination is using not only for promoting the new products but also for "Someother" purpose, such as Customer place the order for 1 material, this material may stopped for production & some other material used with the same properties, but when issue the billing, invoice will be done for the ordered material. Eg: Pharmaceutical industry.

( Its just an assumption, may be wrong)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can anyone suggest me why is it the strategy and outcome settings cant be the same?.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is like this...

You have Item usage maintained in VD51 tcode for the Customer - Material combination.

This Item usage forms a part of the Assignment of Item Category with the Sales Doc Type that is :

Sales doc Type / Item Category Group / Item Usage / High Level Ite,m / Default Item Category

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dear It will depend upon your Material code selection, item category determination will depend on

Following things

1. Sales Document type

2. Item category group

3. Item Usage

4. Higher Level Item

5. Default Item category

So Kindly check above all steps what is your material item category group, Sales document typ, etc.

0004 for Automatic material selection

0005 for Manual material selection

Regards,

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the configuration of the substitution reasons for the field outcome which decides whether the material determined should be displayed as a sub item or should replace the material entered. If it is replacing the material entered, then the item category will be TAN (again depends on the assignment of the item categories).

Please go through the details of the substituion reasons(Tcode OVRQ) and also the assignment of item categories.

Thanks,

Ravi

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

YOu can find the details in the item category assignment table in t.code VOV4.

Regards

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply.....but my question is how system is able to determine the item category juz with the help of substitution reason?.......