cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SAPWORKDIR increasing size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

We are currently experiencing issues where the SAPWORKDIR folder is increasing in size.

I have read on forums that SAPGUI stores the cache, errors & also some additional data for a user in this file.

Now in our environment, all the system userprofiles are stored on the C drive where the SAPWORKDIR also exists.

The increasing size of this directory is causing some system issues related to the userprofile.

Now when I say USERPROFILE, it is not the SAP userprofile, but the system userprofile.

Also on several forums I have read that by changing the default path in SO21 or by maintaining GR8 & GR9 parameter in one's SAP Userid, we can change the directory. However it wouldn't be of much use for our environment as the new path will be on the same drive as the SYSTEM USERPROFILE.

Now my concern is that would it be advisable to delete the old files in this folder ?

The reason I am asking this is, I am not sure if very old cache files for a USER would be needed.

Kindly advise me on this issue. I am not a SAP BASIS person, so if you could give an according explanation, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Vin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following note may also help you.

Note 16513 - File system is full - what do I do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

As mentioned in above reply....you can delete *.old files from your work directory.

And best solution for this scenario is just restart your SAP application and delete all *.old files from the work directory(temp solution).

And extend the size(according to occurence and current size) of this partition to avoid this situation permanently.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can delete *.old or *.tmp files from work directory...

Also check for any "core" file. If you find any such file, you can either delete it or just restart your sap including database. Restart the complete system if possible.

If your OS is unix you can search the file using below command.

#find / -name core

It will flush the core file...

What is your OS ?

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajesh, you said:

If your OS is unix you can search the file using below command.
find / -name core
It will flush the core file...

This is not true. you need to change that command to:

find / -name core -exec rm {} \;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I apologize,

+"#find / -name core"+

Actually I mean that above command is to find the core file

and

+"It will flush the core file..."+

means, that restarting the system will flush the core file automatically...

sorry for misplace of the lines...

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

restarting the system WILL NOT FLUSH core files.

you must delete it manually... or use my command to do a quick scan and delete of core files.