cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 5.0 - UNICODE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am looking for some official SAP Documentation regarding SRM 5.0 and UNICODE. Is it possible? What are the pre-requisites to migrate it to a UNICODE system, ...

As far as I know it is a question of database and BC release.

Thanks for your inputs.

Best regards

AD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Achim:

There are some manuals as well as notes that will provide all the necessary information about your Unicode conversion. first of all, you have to start finding out what type of Unicode conversion are you going to perform. Is it a single-code page or a multi page one (MDMP).

To check it use transaction SE16 and display the contents of table TCPDB. If this table contains only one entry, it is a single code

Page system. If it contains more than one entry, the system is an MDMP system.

Said that, dowload the manuals that are specifically to single code page or MDMP conversion from SDN (unicode conversion guides).

On SDN community (www.sdn.sap.com) you can get lots of information. I highly recommend you to read SAP Teched presentation ALM201 "conversion of SAP systems to Unicode". Go to SDN -> SDN community tab -> SAP Netweaver capabilities -> Lifecycle management -> Landscape design. Under knowledge center area click on "Unicode".

Hope this information helps to to get a good start in your research,

Best regards,

Muriel

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Product Availability Matrix (PAM) might help you .

Go to Service Marketplace, click on "Release & Upgrade Info" , and then "Product Availability Matrix". Search for SRM 5.0. There should be unicode information for "DB Platform" for SRM Server.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

service.sap.com/pam

helps

SRM 5.0 is a UNICODE system

Muthu

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is all NetWeaver side (SAP kernel and DB) topic and application side code does not depends on Unicode or Non-Unicode.

If current system is Non-Unicode, please look at Unicode conversion information.

http://service.sap.com/unicode

Regards,

Masa