cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product-specific receiving calendar in a location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have a requirement for considering product-specific receiving calendars in a location in APO.

For a given location, a group of products can only be received some days of the week, for example on Monday AND Wednesday. The other products in the same location can be received any day of the week (Mon to Fri). There are several issuing locations connected to this receiving location, with the same transportation time: 2 days.

We can not model this with the receiving calendar, as is it not product-specific, but location specific. We have considered the following possibilities to fill the gap:

a. Modeling in the transportation lane (TL), using a product-specific transportation lane and a transport calendar. We created the transportation calendar with two "two-day windows": FridayMonday in order to allow for transportation arriving on Monday to receiving location, and TuesdayWednesday, in order to allow for transportation arriving on Wednesday to receiving location. We set a non-working time in the transportation calendar between both "windows" (a small time interval of, say, 10 minutes), in order to prevent transportation during Monday and Tuesday and receiving goods on Tuesday, that is not allowed.

However, this does not work, as transportation time breaks between "windows" despite there is non-working time between. As a result, we get products on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday in the receiving location, which is not allowed.

b. Creating a macro in the planning book that "detects" purchase requisitions on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, deletes them, and creates the same receipts on Mondays and Wednesdays. The problem here is that we can not deal with different issuing locations, as only the TL with highest priority is taken into account.

Can you think on any possibility of making these scenarios working? Alternatively, is ther any way in which our requirement can be met?

As an additional info, we use CTM as our planning tool, with Time stream in days, with PPDS Purchase Requisitions and we have daily forecast.

Any idea is welcomed!

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The way I have undestood your requirement, the problem can be solved by no of ways with some development.

However I feel, easiest way would be use of MRP area

Within a plant define several MRP areas at storage location level. Assign required calnders at MRP area level in APO (MRP Area as location in APO) Assign those group of material to a MRP area which are having same calender and defile T Lanes accordingly

Please let me know you have any quiries. I believe this should solve your problem.

Thanks,

Mangesh A. Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mangesh,

thank you a lot for your answer.

If I undestand well your proposal, it would imply some custom development in CIF exits to match MRP areas in R/3 to different locations in APO. It also would require some custom logic in the delta report in order to compare transactional data. Is this correct?

I also understand that planners should plan products in different MRP areas in different locations in APO, is this correct?

Thank you a lot again for your time.

Kind regards.

YM78

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Let me answer your query,

a) it would imply some custom development in CIF exits to match MRP areas in R/3 to different locations in APO.

Answer: -NO, It does not require any custom development. You need to select check boxes MRP area Matl & MRP areas.

It would by default generate MARP area as location in SCM as well as it wud extend the required materials at MRP areas as Location in SCM system

b) It also would require some custom logic in the delta report in order to compare transactional data. Is this correct?

Answer - No . You should use the same report however instead of actual plant you should executeat MRP area - Location level

c) I also understand that planners should plan products in different MRP areas in different locations in APO, is this correct?

Answer - May be yes depending upon the scenario. However mostly it wud be a batch job, hence in a job you may have to provide multiple values for location rather than single location

I belive, I am able to anwer your quiries. Wud sugget first to try this in test/ dev environment

However please ensure that for a material, you must define MRP area in R/3 & then CIF everything ( Transaction data) to APO

else you need to delete all the transaction data in SCM system, CIF MRP area & then re CIF whole Transacion data

Thanks,

Mangesh A. Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mangesh,

thank you very much for the detailed answer to all my queries. I think you have given enough details to set up a complete scenario and test.

Thank you also for your time.

Kind regards.

YM78

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the appreciation

Please ley us know the test result / outcome of the test

Thanks

Mangesh A. Kulkarni

Answers (0)