cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to send message from R/3 system to itself?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All.

I want to send message from R/3 to PI (anyhow, virtual receiver or smb else), make in PI some transformation and return this new message to R/3. (I don't want to do this transform in R/3, because in PI its easier and universally)

Is it possible? How?

Regards,

Andrey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Preeti, i want to save this file on user's frontend. Yes, i can save it on app server and then pass it to user, but i search straight way.

VJ, 1. As stated above, I have a table with data, and i want to translate data to fixed format (i use xsd in External Definition). I can't send this message based on the imported XSD direct to R3, so i use BPM.

2. I have 5.0. I'll try this variant

Regards,

Andrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did my scenario R/3 - PI (BPM) - R/3. In BPM i did transfomation.

But now i have a message based on the imported XSD, so i can't generate abap proxy. Is it possible to send this message to R/3 as string (and then save it as xml file in abap)?

Regards,

Andrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

BPM might be an overhead for such a simple scenario. However you can always use the File adapter to place the output as a file in the OS level of your R/3 system if a proxy does not suit the business need. Make sure the available protocols are supported on the R/3 side.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One - What was the need for BPM? May be you can avoid it.

two - Are you running R3 4.7 ? then you can not generate proxy for external definitions. but you can export your XSD in to the PI data type (modifying it as needed by PI with namespaces etc) and then generate proxy.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answers.

R3 <-> PI <-> R3 scenario is not a trouble. But not in this case.

The main task:

User have a table with data. In this table there are 2 fields: INDEX, SUM. He want to take a xml file. I have XSD for this file.

I have to assign summ value (SUM) to corresponding tag depend on characteristic name (INDEX).

It looks like DMEE, but in DME formats has own structure and it is differ from my XSD. It is difficult to translate my xsd to DME xml.

It is realizable in ABAP, but i want to minimize abap development.

So I want to send this table to PI, transform it to file (xsd external definition) and then return this file as string (for example) and save it as file on the users front end. It is very simply to tranform the table to file, but i don't no how to send it back to R3. I think it is necessary to transfom file to message with another structure and then send to R3. Any ideas?

Regards,

Andrey

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

Yes, It is possible and can be easily configured. But what is the business requirement ?

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do use ABAP proxy , RFC or IDOC adapter for acheving this.

Regards,

Sunil.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is it possible?

Yes very much possible.

How?

As any SAP R3 --> SAP PI --> SAP R3 scenario should be ......the configuration-method will be the same.

Regards,

Abhishek.