Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement date for the component is not calculated correctly on activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

Problem Details: Requirement date for the component is not calculate correctly

Requirement date for the component is not correctly calculated, it is always the latest scheduled finish: Execution (date) taken instead of the earliest scheduled finish: Execution (date)

Symptom

Relation of the activity which contains the components to a predecessor activity with the relation end-end (FF). Requirement of the components 11.01.2010, earliest finished end date of the activity is 07.01.2010 and latest finished date of the activity is 11.01.2010. This situation conduct to the fact that components are always required to late and a manual requirement date is to be set instead.

The field of the component CNDOK-SCHED_END is set to « X » so that the component is required at the latest date possible.

Function which is not correct

When scheduling dates with TC CJ20N on the Network level the required date on component level is correctly set. As far as the complete project or on a WBS element level, the system puts always the latest finished end, which is not correct.

The system uses the latest finish date as delivery date. I have got the input from SAP that this is the system design and has been verified by development for other customers. As well as this one for predefined scheduling scenarios 1 (bottom-up) and 2 (top down) system does not read the parameters from the scheduling profile but system uses scheduling parameter "Latest staging date" = 'X'. This implies that the requirements date of material component will be latest schedule date of the operation. Please use "Free scheduling" scheduling scenario in the Project. The parameters will now be read from this profile. Now components will have requirements date from earliest schedule date.

Subsequent problem

The system schedules the dates correctly on the component level, but re-schedules the dates for the project the day you schedule and erase the complete old scheduling dates except for the activities with constraints.

Specific development or customizing

If yes how to solve, i.e. to have a bottom-up scheduling scenario where the requirement dates of the components have the same date as the earliest scheduled finish date? If no, get a feedback how the business handles with it?

Thanks for your support/input

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your post!

It is exactly what I have done but as I above mentioned:

Subsequent problem

The system schedules the dates correctly on the component level, but re-schedules the dates for the project the day you schedule and erase the complete old scheduling dates except for the activities with constraints.

If I have an "old" scheduled project and I add some new components anywhere in the complete project structure additional needs. I go then to the project definition level and schedule the complete project. My result is that on project definition and WBS elements no changes but on all activities (without confirmation) the system put the start date the day which I re-schedule the project.

That what I want to avoid and let the initial planned schedule date on activity level the same as before re-scheduling the project.

Do you have any further advices?

Thank you in advance for your input

Best regards

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok...you must put 999 in Start in Past ...so that system does scheduling using past dates...otherwise, it will take today's date...

make this changes in OPU6 and Parameter for WBS Scheduling in SPRO and try scheduling again...

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everything is workin fine now.

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

With this post I just wanted to let you know that the scheduling is as of now working in accordance to our needs.

Thank you for input.

Best regards

Edited by: Pierre-Alain Berger on Jan 29, 2010 3:26 PM

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry...didnt read your question fully...just read few lines and I replied.....

As you have mentioned, latest staging is checked as default in pre-defined bottom up scheduling and it is in non-editable mode. Only way is to use free scheduling, But why you dont want to use free scheduling, it fulfills your requirement.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want the material component requirement date as earliest finish date, then go to OPU6 select the scheduling for the plant and network type combination, Deselect the Latest Staging Date check box.

then goto "Define parameter for WBS Scheduling* node under "Date Planning in WBS", Select your Scheduling profile, deslect the Latest Staging Date check box here also.

then do scheduling and see the dates for your components, it will be earliest finish date of an activity.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also check this -

OPUU - uncheck the align finish date check box to align component to start date