cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing S id or S id type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been using SDN for a while and I had registered using an S id which I believed was my personal S id. However, I just realized that the S id I am using in SDN belongs to my former employer which I left a few years back.

Can I convert my S id from a customer/partner S id to a personal id? Or do I need to change my S id? If I change my S id, can I still retain my SDN login and my history (points, questions, posts etc.?)

Kindly let me know.

Salai.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Salai

I believe you need to be certified or be a partner/customer to get your own S-User ID.

Please write a mail to sapnetwork((at)sap(dot)com and give them your employer's s-user id and other details with this query.

I got my points transfereed from a general login id to the new s-user id and it went smoothly.

Yours is obviously a different issue, but they will resolve it if you let them know the exact problem with proper details of yours.

Goodluck!

Rgds

Zub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Zub.

When they did the transfer, did it transfer all your history as well? Like the articles, blogs and forum posts?

Also, when you get SAP certified, what kind of S id do we get? I always thought thats what I had, since my certification. But somehow that S id shows up as that of my previous employer.

I will write to them. Thanks for replying.

Regards,

Salai.

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, they do transfer ALL your articles / blogs / forum posts and points. But you need to tell them to do that. They are not completely responsible for any loss of data if you do not tell them specifically what all you want transferred.

Also, If you are certified, you get an S-User ID of your own. Your employer had one, which is different ofcourse.

Just to clarify, an S-User ID is in the form of S000XXXXXXX

Goodluck!

Rgds

Zub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To check If you are using the S_User ID that people get once they are certified, check the SAP issued certificate,in which you will find the Certificate ID,If it is the same number other than the S prefixed to the number,then yes that will be your S User Id which is issued with certification.

And If you did direct certification,where your employer sponsored ur certification,then in your Profile you will find the Employer name who sponsored your certification under "Display my Super Administrator".

Hope I am clear.

Vishwa.