cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send an IDoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing a test Idoc to File interface. Can anybody tell me how to send an Idoc from R/3? I am trying to send using we19 transaction.

I am selecting basic type and after giving appropriate values, i am clicking on <b>Standard outbound processing</b> button. Now i am getting an error saying: "<b>Port " does not exist in the table of port descriptions</b>." I tried to mention the port and partner profile information in <b>Idoc->Edit control record</b>. But it is still giving the same error.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks in advance,

Divija.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should be an outbound parameter..

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Divija,

<b>

"Port " does not exist in the table of port descriptions."</b>

while populating the Control Record in we 19 for triggering the IDOC, you can select the port from the list of ports configured in the R3 system

One port should be pointing to XI. Just give a valid port and it would help.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I have selected a port which is pointing to XI. But i dont know in the partner profile should i specify an inbound parameter or an outbound parameter?

Right now i am getting an error saying: <b>"Idoc cannot or should not be sent."</b>

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Divija.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Divija,

The sener port will be r3's port and receiver port will be XI's port.

In partener prolfile, as you are sending the IDOC from the r3 to XI, the entry will be as an <b>outbound paramter</b>.

Logically, this is how it works, for the R3 , the partner is XI and it is sending it to XI and so, an entry is made in the Outbound side for the same.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divija,

In we19 you can change the control record to use the valid port. In we19 before "Standard outbound processing" click on EDIDC record and provide valid port(the port which is pointing to XI).

Regards

Anand