cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS tries to access old (!) Build server - Build server XX is unreachable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using NWDS 7.0.11 since 2 years without problems with the build server and DTR server. Now SAP consultants have implemented some support packages and changed the build + DTR server from XXX to YYY too.

I have changed the server under "Window" - "Preferences" - "Java Development Structure" - "Development Configuration". There I changed the URL from XXX to YYY. But it seems that it is not enough.

When I try to login, NWDS tries to access old (!!!!) build and DTR server and gives error:

Build Server http://xxx.xxx.local:55800 is unreachable.

DTR Server http://xxx.xxx.delaval.local:55800/dtr is unreachable.

Is there another place in the settings, which I forgot to update?

BR/ NOP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

I think [this wiki|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/ChangingtheJDIinNetWeaverDeveloperStudio] can help.

Regards,

Alka.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I closed NWDS, deleted the folder .dtr in folder "my documents", started NWDS again, now the login was successfully. Thank you all for your support!

BR/ Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

I would advise to once refresh the medata of the NWDS IDE as soon as you have deleted the configuration.

You can try closing off the NWDS IDE, then reopening it and login in thereafter to the JDI.

Regards,

Alka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alka,

I followed the Wiki link and it helped me. Thank you. However, I only can partially login. In "Development Configurations Perspective", the login was successfully. But in "Design Time Repository Perspective (DTR)" it is still OFFLINE. And the warning message is "Ping on server <OLD SERVER> failed (maybe server not avaiable) .... Failed to log in.".

BR/ Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alain,

thank you for your answer. Yes the client seems to be still there. I have removed the DC´s, but the clients are still there. How to remove clients? In NWDS I select menu DTR. And there are 3 submenus: Select client, Create Client, Version info. There is no "Delete client"?

So I clicked in perspective "Design Time Repository (DTR)" on node "OFFLINE", there I can see "Delete client" in the context menu. However error message appears: "Delete client AAA: canceled due veto: DTR client AAA is part of development configuration AAA. You only can remove whole development configurations".

In perspective "Development configurations" I only see node "OFFLINE", and there is no possibility to delete anything. Can´t login to old server, it has already been switched off.

BR/ Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look in the .dtr folder of your Windows profile directory... You'll find some interesting files there. Be careful while editing them!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look in the .dtr folder of your Windows profile directory... You'll find some interesting files there. Be careful while editing them!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Try removing the configuration from the "Local DCs" view in the Development Configuration perspective. It will remove the configuration locally.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you removed the clients before you updated the preferences?

Remove them and reimport the development configuration(s) from the new server.

It should work.

Make also sure that the settings are correct in the Track Data tab of the Landscape Configurator of the CMS.

Regards,

Alain