cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Installation of Maintenanace Certificate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to distribute maintenance certificate automatically in solman for some of the satelite systems. But when I checked the pre-requisites it is mentioned to activate the Automatic distribution in SPRO

In the IMG choose the following path: SAP Reference IMG -> SAP

Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Scenario-Specific

Settings -> Change Management -> Node text not found ->

Activate Automatic License Data Distribution.

But I could not find this path in solman SPRO. So, Where should I activete the automatic distribution. And also please provide the steps needs to be followed both the solman and saltelite systems to automatically distribute the maintenance certificate. Our solman system is upgraded to the following component versions.

SAP_BASIS - 701 - 02

ST-PI - 2008_1_700 - 01

ST - 400 - 0018

Thansk & Regards,

Sundara.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks a lot.

Now I have activated the automatic license data distribution in License Management view in the Change Management work center.

In the last pre-requsite it is mentioned as "You have scheduled the background job REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT in the transaction SM_CONFIG_JOBS."

When I checked in the transaction SM_CONFIG_JOBS, I could not find the job REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT. But this job is scheduled everyday in sm37. So, what do I need to do now. Do I need to schedule the job again in SM_CONFIG_JOBS. If yes how can I do that.

After this step what do I need to do. As per the details provided in the link, no action is required after this step. If yes how can I check that wheatear automtic distribution of meintenance certificate is done for that particular satelite system. Could you please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Sundara.

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Now I have activated the automatic license data distribution in License Management view in the Change Management work center.

> In the last pre-requsite it is mentioned as "You have scheduled the background job REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT in the transaction SM_CONFIG_JOBS."

> When I checked in the transaction SM_CONFIG_JOBS, I could not find the job REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT. But this job is scheduled everyday in sm37. So, what do I need to do now. Do I need to schedule the job again in SM_CONFIG_JOBS. If yes how can I do that.

> After this step what do I need to do. As per the details provided in the link, no action is required after this step. If yes how can I check that wheatear automtic distribution of meintenance certificate is done for that particular satelite system. Could you please suggest.

There is no further action regarding this job required, If the job is already scheduled.

If everything is configured, sit back and wait.

- REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT will request Maintenance Certficates from SAP Global Support Backbone.

- with the next execution (next day), it will retrieves the data from SAP.

- Afterwards, SDDCN "Maintenance Package" will be able to pick-up the data from SAP Solution Manager and install it locally.

Regards,

Ruediger

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI,

Good to know that u have scheduled it successfully. As the job is scheduled for everyday, u dont need to do anything. This job will check the details in every 24 hours.

If there is any system in ur landscape connected with Solman and does not have a valid maintenace certificate, it will get automatically updated in next 24 hours.

Please read the "Process Overview" part in the documentation to know how it works. Hope this solves ur issue. If yes, dont forget to close the message.

Regards,

Rajeev.

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I am trying to distribute maintenance certificate automatically in solman for some of the satelite systems. But when I checked the pre-requisites it is mentioned to activate the Automatic distribution in SPRO

> SAP_BASIS - 701 - 02

> ST-PI - 2008_1_700 - 01

> ST - 400 - 0018

Hi Sundara,

You mention, that you have recently updated your SolMan system to Support Package Stack 18.

Latest stack 21 contains many corrections in all areas, consider updat SPS18 again.

Refer to the following SAP Note for relevant corrections in Managed System (satellite) and SAP Solution Manager system:

[SAP Note 1280664 - Distribution of maintenance certificates: Troubleshooting|http://www.service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1280664]

Best regards,

Ruediger

Edited by: Ruediger Stoecker on Jan 21, 2010 11:10 AM

Huups, I have not seen, that the SAP Note has been already mentioned before

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks for your response.

In the link, the first pre-requisite is mentioned as

"You have activated the automatic license data distribution for the systems in License Management view in the Change Management work center.

Note

To activate the automatic license data distribution for a system:

Choose the system in the System Overview list.

Choose Activate Automatic Distribution under Automatic Distribution."

Where do I need to check this in solman system. In SPRO, I could not find this. How to activate the automatic lience data distribution in License Management view in the Change Management work center.

Could you please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Sundara.

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI,

This is not a path in SPRO. From SP18 onwards, all main tasks can be executed from ur work center. U need to add SAP_SMWORK_BASIC and SAP_SMWORK_CHANGE_MAN in ur profile, after that u will be able to call ur work center for change management. The transaction to call work center is solman_workcenter. Then follow the document.

Hope this solves the issue.

Rajeev.

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI,

I can see that ur solman system is in SP18, hence the path u mentined is not valid here. That one was for SP16 and SP17. Refer the following link to activate automatics installation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/89/a7c08d740c4cffb491f98801f17d30/frameset.htm

Also check the SAP note #1280664 - Distribution of maintenance certificates: Troubleshooting.

Rajeev