cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive a Message using Message Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using Message service for receiving an iDoc fror SAP.

I have created a Message Processing rule which trigger a transaction when an Idoc is sent to mii be SAP.

In that transaction i am using "Query Messages" action block to get the list of messages.

When i configured this action block and set Message Type as Received. This is not fetching any message.

When i configured this action block and set Message Type as Runnings. This gives list of all runing messages.

My problem is that when i generate 3 iDocs at the same time in SAP then Message rule trigger the transaction 3 times.

and each transaction fetches list of all running messages(which is 3). So i am getting 9 Message.

Please help me out from this problem

Thanks

Anshul,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two types of processing rules for Message Services. When you are using a transaction based processing rule, you don't need to use the message service action blocks inside it. In the BLS Transaction Properties you need to define a XML input parameter in which the message XML payload will be passed when the rule is invoked. You can then model the logic to parse that XML object inside the processing rule transaction.

The other option is to use a category based processing rule, using which, the messages when received by MII will be buffered and assigned to a category. You can have a BLS transaction which you may run by the scheduler or ad-hoc basis inside which you can query the categorized messages based on its status and maybe category name and date range. You can use the category based processing if you need to know the message id of the buffered messages, for later reference. Otherwise transaction based processing should be suffice.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Answers (0)