cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapconnect can't receive e-mails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm a newbie to SAP installations. I run two ECC6.0 installations, one running on W2K8 and an older one which I didn't install myself running on W2K3X64.

Although I managed to get sapconnect to work with both receiving and sending mails on the new system I have an issue with the oder system not receiving inbound mails.

All I get when sending e-mails to that server is a maillog entry like

Jan 20 12:24:49 mymailserver postfix/smtp[5291]: 88C0132649: to=<user<at>erp.mydomain.de>, relay=erp.mydomain.de[10.10.10.117]:25, delay=0.03, delays=0.02/0/0/0, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (host erp.mydomain.de[10.10.10.117] said: 554 Transaction failed (in reply to end of DATA command))

- on the older system, transaction SCOT shows a slightly different utilities menu compared to the new system. I see the overview of send mails, but not the one for received messages.

I checked RZ10 (virtual node, smtp port), added a mail admin user as service user and configured it in SICF to work with sapconnect. I can't find any error when comparing the configuration to the newer system (which must be there obviously) so I would appreciate any help you can give.

Edit: It's NW7, patch level 9.

Can someone please help me?

Edited by: Uwe Werner on Jan 20, 2010 1:12 PM

Edited by: Uwe Werner on Jan 21, 2010 8:36 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I added some more information to the issue and searched help.sap.com and g00gle for any other information. No clue given, so please help me. Thanks a lot in advance

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you telnet on the SMTP port of your ECC6 system ? Does it listen on this port ?

Regards,

Olivier