Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Transfer has been aborted

krkasani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I was executing the Data transfer phase and itu2019s not triggering the background jobs after executed the 58 sub process and rest of jobs are not even scheduled... when I was restart the process again its show you in process and but if I click on refresh button for updating information on sub process type. It throws a message u201CData Transfer has been aborted"

There were no prior pending jobs\processes are exists. I had tried few times to re-run this step but every time its throw the same error message.

Data transfer > Start Data Transfer phase

If any of you come across this issue, please share your solution to apply. It would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kotesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked logs which phase/job is being aborted in Data transfer ?

Please paste log here as well. Also, check RFC's should be working which are involved in control, sender and receiver system.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kotesh,

What is the error msg for aborted data trasnfer log?

I guess, it will be difficult to say what is wrong in transfer unless its checked. I will suggest to raise msg to SAP.

Regards , Santosh

krkasani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

No error message was triggered and none of the subproceses are neither in any of the status "Aborted, completed with errors"...

Start Data Transfer was aborted after processing 58 tables successfully and then says process is aborted...

I was raised a message to SAP and waiting on their response.

My error analysis:

Parent job was not trigging the sub process jobs

---

FYI: -

If process status "Aborted with out any errors"

Usually itu2019s happened, if any of upstream processes are pending and if we try to execute any down stream process steps.

-

But in my case all upstream processes are completed successfully

Thanks,

Kotesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kotesh,

did SAP already came back with a solution.

You can change the status of the data transfer back to initial (fooling TDMS a bit) and restarting.

Regards,

Eddy

krkasani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Eddy,

When I spoke with SAP about this issue, there was a strange thing was noticed by SAP. Depending steps was executed by itself u201CReset Cluster Objects and Reset Header Table Objectsu201D. These steps are supposed to be executed by the system once data transfer phase is completed successfully.

SAP was suggested to execute the prior step data selection once again then run the start data transfer step.

Thanks,

Kotesh