cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing locking adapters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Does anyone have a structured document about the basics of locking adapters and implementing them?

I have seen the help.sap link -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas630/helpdata/en/9a/4cdcc80fa4c747a2ccb5859f467412/frameset.htm

Thanks & Regards,

M.Subathra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Subathra,

you don't implement "them". You just use it. Depenfding on whether you use Java or ABAP it's different ways of use.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for that reply. Do you have any document or links that can guide me through the basics of understanding locking adapters, their purpose & how to use? I am working in Java & do not know ABAP. Which is normally used to achieve the purpose? Please guide how to proceed.

Thanks & Regards,

M.Subathra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Does someone have the documents or links related to this? Please help.

Thanks & regards,

M.Subathra

Message was edited by: Subathra M

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, If you want to develop on this it is obvious you watch the development manual, especially here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas630/helpdata/en/a3/df5b1ee1bed348b198719e50af835d/frameset.htm

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was stuck up with some other work.Now, back to locking adpaters -

As far as I understand, locking is done to isolate the transactions.. ie, I have to write ceratin lines of code in order to set the read and/or locks for accessing the backend tables. Am I right?

Where do I have to code? In NWDS,right?

Please clarify.

Thanks & regards,

M.Subathra

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Subathra,

If you are talking about SAP locking, it is not the case that these locks actually do anything in the backend. The locks are set on the Enqueue lock manager and if you try to lock the same object twice it tells you so. The trick is not to use the database for this anyways.

If you miss anything in the docs I sent you a link for please let me know.

Regards,

Benny

Answers (0)