cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification email to end user in case of success

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a Proxy to JDBC scenario, where I'm updating several tables on the receiver system.

As the amount of data transfer is large I need to notify the receiver system end-user about the success of an interface execution. Also along with this, if possible, I need to notify the end-user, if the execution of the interface continues beyond a pre-determined cut-off time.

I know about the Alert Management supported in PI. But, AFAIK, it can be used to notify the users only in case of errors. Please guide if this can be used.

OS Command line is something that I can use, having a batch file sending in mails. But, thats the last option that i want to consider.

Is there any other configuration available to notify end-users in case of successful executions?

Looking for responses.

Alka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alka,

>>I know about the Alert Management supported in PI. But, AFAIK, it can be used to notify the users only in case of errors. Please guide if this can be used.

Yes you are right Alerts can be used to inform in case of any errors...

>>Is there any other configuration available to notify end-users in case of successful executions?

Use a BPM and if the process is executed successfully alert him through the control step

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I know about solution using BPM. Don't want to go that way as there are many interfaces with this requirement.

Sorry forgot to mention...

Regards,

Alka.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create Receiver mail adapter,cal this one using JAVA Mapping , my be you need to check the conditon for success.

i had done similar requirement without using BPM,but i written java maping.

Regards,

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Can you please discuss your solution more clearly?

As my Proxy to JDBC scenario is an asynchronous one, my "successful" execution of the interface means, delivery of the message to the receiving system and it completing the insertions / updations without any error.

Also, emailing the end user when the message mapping executes successfully will only indicate the mapping logic is correct, it does not assure me successful delivery and processing of the message by the receiving database system.

Regards,

Alka.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alka,

One possible workaround might be :

Make the interface as abap proxy sync -> PI -> jdbc sync interface. Send a mail from ABAP code once you receive the response from PI... (this will be the success mail).

Foe error/failure mails : Write a logic in ABAP code in such a way that once a call is made to PI and 'n' minute is passed then a failure mail to the intended person will be triggered.. and it will start waiting for another 'n' minute...

Regards

Suraj

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> As my Proxy to JDBC scenario is an asynchronous one, my "successful" execution of the interface means, delivery of the message to the receiving system and it completing the insertions / updations without any error.

in this case you have to use BPM,

> Also, emailing the end user when the message mapping executes successfully will only indicate the mapping logic is correct, it does not assure me successful delivery and processing of the message by the receiving database system.

>

yes, i done thsi requiremnet.

Regards,

raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suraj and Raja,

Thanks for the responses.

But the suggestions are workarounds to cater the requirement and I'm not keen on changing the scenario so early.

Looking for solutions doable through some configurations, if possible.

Regards,

Alka.