Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer posting from plant to plant at the time of sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SD gurus,

I need your help to map the scenario below :

Physically my stock is in city A (which corresponds to a plant A in SAP).

I have customers in both city A and city B (city B corresponds to a plant B in SAP).

Both plants belongs to the same company.

When a customer from city B makes a sales order, I want to be able to make a transfer posting from pant A to plant B at the time of sales order and make the entire sales flow from the plant B.

Is that possible in standard SAP ? How ?

Regards,

Bahia.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When a customer from city B makes a sales order, I want to be able to make a transfer posting from pant A to plant B at the time of sales order and make the entire sales flow from the plant B.

As per your requirement, it seems you want to process STO's in background, when Customer from City-B places orders.

STO should happen for the ordered goods from Plant A to Plant B., then delivery from Plant-B & Invoice.

Need clarity, that either you want to tranfer the stock through STO process or through Transfer posting with MB1B- Mov type:301??

If you want to follow the MB1B route for all these sales orders received from the City-B, then you have to run MB1B transaction background, when you save the Sales order.

At the time of Saving the sales order- flow the values like Material - Plant ( if you have only 2 plants, then you can hardcode the supplying plant else you can add one Zfield, where you can manually key in actually supplying plant i.e. Plant A)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Reazuddin for your very interesting answer.

Actually, I want to transfer sotck through MB1B.

Can you, please, give me more clarifications about what you've said : "At the time of Saving the sales order- flow the values like Material - Plant ( if you have only 2 plants, then you can hardcode the supplying plant else you can add one Zfield, where you can manually key in actually supplying plant i.e. Plant A)"

I have one more question please :

Can't we achieve this through partner functions ?

Regards,

Bahia.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To transfer stock from Plant A- PlantB-

Tcode:MB1B

Mov type:301

Plant: PlantA

Storage Loc:SlocA

Press Enter to Continue--

Receiving Plant:PlantB

receiving location: SlocB

Material:Mat123

Qtty:10

& save

The above process, has to be process in background, when you "Save" sales order in VA01.( by using Use USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT in Include:MV45AFZZ)

Now question here is, what data has to send to MB1B transaction- as indicated above, most of the required data available in sales order, except PlantA, So- supplying Plant is always PLantA in this scenario, then you can hardcode this PlantA of MB1B transaction, else it has to be mentioned in somewhere in sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So this is can be achieved via a userexit. Thank you my friend.

But, the fact is there are already many userexits which are triggered at the time of saving the sales order.

This is why I'm looking for a standard solution.

Any ideas ?

Regards,

Bahia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can achieve it by standard process.

Try to do following. I have not tested it but you can try.

You can do it by generating PR from Sales Order through Schedule line

Give NB as Order type in VOV6 and in Item Category Stock Transfer and Sales Order in Acc. Ass, Cat.

so that PR would be generated when you save the sales order. WRT this PR, create PO in the name of Plant A (Create Vendor Master for plant A), then do GR via movement type 101.

Here you have to confirm whether stock has come to plant B through availability check at delivery document.

Then after creation of del. do billing as usual.

Hope you get some inputs

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sagar for your kind help.

Your solution sounds really interesting too.

But, I do need more clarifications please since I've never worked with schedule lines...

"Give NB as Order type in VOV6 and in Item Category Stock Transfer and Sales Order in Acc. Ass, Cat.

so that PR would be generated when you save the sales order. WRT this PR, create PO in the name of Plant A (Create Vendor Master for plant A), then do GR via movement type 101." Can you re-explain to me this step by step ?

Regards,

Bahia.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested by above mate- I am testing your scenario,

But, for this kind of scenario better to maintain seperate order type & create Zitem cat ,Zsch.line category by copying from std CB ( not from std CS- bcoz in CS there wont any mov type assigned).

now determine item cat & Sch.line cat: so that Zitem cat / Zsch.line cat should be triggered in order.

In Zsch.line cat

Order type:NB

Item Cat: 7 -stock transfer

Acct assignment cat: X - auxillary/ U- Unknown* ( Need to be confirm with FI )

Mov type:601

Now flow is like this:

OR - PR - PO(STO-UB)- VL10D(641) wrt:STO-VL02N (PGI from supplying plant to receiving plant) - MIGO (101E)wrt:OBD created in previous step - VL01N (601)wrt:OR with PGI - VF01.

Note: but there we are facing one problem at the time of MIGO,where system determining Mov.type: 101, instead of 101E. this has to be confirmed with MM Consultant, ( there is any possibility to trigger the 101E mov type.) so that receiving goods will be stored in inventory under sales order stock. Will post the updates, once we finish the complete cycle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alright friends.

I'll try those tips and revert to you later.

Regards,

Bahia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Can you re-explain to me this step by step ?

Hi,

In VOV6 create one Z schedule line category by copying any std sch. line.

Give values as below

order type = NB

Item Category = 7

Acc Ass Category = Blank

Item relevant for delivey = Ticked

PR del scheduling = Ticked

Movement type = 601

Maintain same material in both the plants

Create vendor master for supplying plant

Now,

When you create and save sales order, automatic PR would be generated with NB type

Create PO wrt this PR.

Create delivery through VL10D wrt created PO using 641 movement type

Do GR using 101 movement type in receiving plant.

Then create normal outbout delivery for customer wrt Sales Order and then invoicing using VF01

Doc. flow would be

Sales Order - PR - PO - Del (641) - GR (101) - Del to customer (651) - Billing

Hope you get some inputs

regards,

Sagar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for you answer.

It's a transfer between to plants which belong the a same company.

It's not intercompany sales