cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock movement scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

My scenario is that I want to move stock from PRD storage location to FG storage location in single step.

For this I am using 311 movement. If suppose I found any defect in the material I want to return the material PRD storage location from FG storage loc. after 311 movement. For this I am using 312 movement. (reverse of 311 movement). Is this correct? If so my doubt is that why cant I use the same 311 movement only for reversing also by giving the storage locations in reverse way? why should we use 312 movement?

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The diffrent movement types are used here because to track every movement of material,also to genrate diffrent accounting documents related to material or related to inventory.

http://www.saptechies.com/the-movement-type-concept/

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per Standard SAP, ideal movement type for reversal against movement type 311 is movement type 312.

From FG stock, ideal movement expected is stock moving out through sales. Movement Type 312 does the necessary quantity adjustment and identifies that a reversal have taken place. Ideally 312 will be identifier as reversal goods movement.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka