Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP adapter Configuration help:

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to configure SFTP (seeburger) in sap PI.

I want to know how to connect SFTP adapter of seeburger with an SSH sever. (I have installed free SSH Server in my laptop).

How to connect using SFTP SETTING as

AUTHENTICAION Method: Private Key authorisation

how to generate/use private key.

Please Advice,

Prakash

Edited by: senthilprakash selvaraj on Jan 20, 2010 6:42 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First try to use the SFTP server by SFTP'ing directly (not using PI), this should generate your private/public key. Or the SSH server you installed (when installed probably already created it).

You'll be promted to accept the public key from the SFTP Server/client your attempting to connect to (Say yes). Then do a quick command or attempt to put a doc or pull a doc as a quick test (whatever you need to do).

I believe the seeburger adapter is similar to the FTPS configuration, otherwise seeburger should have some doc on the config.

Good Luck!

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have installed SSH server and genreated the RSA key in Visual admin and i have configured the SFTP adater properly.

Now i have a different issue.

In Communication channel monitoring once i start the channel(SFTP) i am not getting any message. Its just saying Channel started and thats it. nothin else is coming. not even throwing any error. what should i do. why its happing like that.

I Tried with Authentication mode as Private Key as well as Password. in both configurations are proper.

also i tried refreshing the cache..no use.

Please help,

Senthilprakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried to do it manually? Were you able to pull or drop files onto the server?

Is the Comm Channel configured to pull anything or specifically named files?

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rocco,

I have configured it to pull a specific xml file "test.xml" from a directory which is in shared mode.

But when i start the channel i should ideally get "Message processing started message" rite?

I am not getting any message like that. Its full blank.

Please Advice,

Senthilprakash

Edited by: senthilprakash selvaraj on Jan 22, 2010 5:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your SFTP Sender channel, you have a table called 'Scheduler'. Check that you have scheduled it correctly.

Enter a 'X' in the column of each day that the channel is supposed to poll and enter start and end times as well as the interval.

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

the problem was solved. our basis team did a reinstallation of the adapter and it working fine,

Thanks all for your help.

Senthilprakash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you have configured a user with sufficient permissions for the key storage (see sftp manual and master configuration guide). Then simply connect to the server - afterwards you should find the key of the server in the pending store of your sftp adapter (most likely the SSH_hosts keystore view).

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you have SSH setup,you can connect to SSH(SFTP) server using third party adapters,

I think you need to deploy/copy the keystore details in PI,do you have See Burger adapter withyou??

Regards,

Raj