cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default G/L account in purchasing view of components in project builder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

when i add a component to a project builder, some fields in the purchasing view are suggested by the system with default values. these fields includes G/L account.

could you tell me where to maintain the default G/L account?

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be this G/L is coming from the material component , you are trying to add. Go to MM02 and check your material whether it contains a G/L account value as a default.

Thanks

Dhruv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhruv,

i've checked and don't think it comes from material master record...

any idea guys?

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Transaction OPUU

Network Profile

Activities Tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vir

thanks for your reply..

i see under activities tab there's 'Mat.cost elem.' for internally processed activity, but this can't be the default G/L account for material components in project builder. for different materials, the default account can also be different. so the default setting is at least on material level...

any idea?

thanks!

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all my name is not Vir, its Virendra, if you want to shorten it then you may call me Viren

Secondly the material cost element can also be set in the material master as pointed out by Dhruv. It is a combination of valuation class and the account assignment via OBYC - talk to your MM guy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OPUU, you can the default the settings.

But the important point here is how Gl is defaulted while attaching the material in CJ20N?

Every Material has a Valuation Class and that is linked with the General Modifers,Chart of accounts,Debit and credit GL Account in OBYC,So while attaching the material ,system will pick the GL from OBYC GBB in project builder and while issuing this material this Cost element will be debited.

Also for Inventory the GL is coming from BSX (OBYC) and the combination is valuation class,Chart of accounts and Account no(GL Account).

Hope this will clarify your doubt.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry man. about calling the wrong name....

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Everything is dependent on OBYC......

Muzamil

Answers (0)