Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Web Service as WSDL with Schemas

former_member599943
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I would like to define Web Services by using XI/PI expose to consumer. Is it possible to define or separate the data type as schema (.xsd) from wsdl?

Thank you.

Regards,

Weng

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is it possible to define or separate the data type as schema (.xsd) from wsdl?

Manually create the Datatype in IR as per the message-structure shown in the WSDL file.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member599943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I can export xsd from data type in IR. How to map it with WSDL?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the exact requirement ??

former_member599943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally XI/PI will only generate a single WSDL file for web service.

The requirement is to generate a WSDL file and multiple schemas (xsd). WSDL's data types will refer to those schemas.

Thank you.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Normally XI/PI will only generate a single WSDL file for web service. 
The requirement is to generate a WSDL file and multiple schemas (xsd). WSDL's data types will refer to those schemas.

I am a bit confused.....do you mean to say that you need to develop a WSDL file out of PI which will refer many Message Types and in-turn many Datatypes?

If yes, then this blog may help you a bit: /people/abhishek.salvi/blog/2009/07/31/using-service-interfaces-now-reuse-one

You get a WSDL file related to a XSD when you create a Message/ Service Interface out of it.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member599943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Yes, a single WSDL will refer to multiple schemas.

Consequently, a single data type will refer to multiple data types data.

The purpose of this scenario is that the schema can be re-use/sharing in another environment.

Thanks.

Edited by: Weng on Jan 20, 2010 8:30 AM

Edited by: Weng on Jan 20, 2010 8:38 AM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
a single data type will refer to multiple data types data.

You can refer one Data type in other Data Type but it wont be available under a different root node.....the root node will the the DT name under which you are referring the other DTs......you can do this by:

DT --> Give the appropriate name to a node --> While selecting the Type for this node select Data types --> select the DT from the list available....for this you should first include all the schemas in IR i.e. you should first create individual DTs by importing the schema (DT --> XSD --> Import Data Type Definition from File)

You have a huge list of schemas!

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member599943
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much..

Then how to generate WSDL file along those schemas?

Let said I got 10 web services defined. All of them (WSDL) are sharing those shemas.

The problem now is all of the schemas is combined into a WSDL file..hence the WSDL is a huge file.

Thank you.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Then how to generate WSDL file along those schemas?

Once you have created a DT referencing all the schemas and then you have created a Message/ Service Interface out of this DT (MT) you can create the WSDL by making use of the option in Integration Directory --> Tools --> Display WSDL .... give the appropriate URL and the Wizard will guide you through rest of the procedure.

If your requirement is to have each schema as a different method in the WSDL then you have to follow the technique mentioned in the blog reference given in one of the previous replies (applicable to SAP PI7.1 and above).

Regards,

Abhishek.