Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOG History on users

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SDNer

I wanted findout on particular day last December 11 ,2009 who and loged into my server .

is it possible track and retrieve the list of users ?

assumed that i got a set of users ,

on that thay day , one particular use user ,i wanted to find out in which terminal he/she has logged in.

please advice me.

br

Muthu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

first you need to put a trace(ST05) on your system, then u need to see it thru SM19 and SM20

cheers

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

that's not true. ST05 is something different than audit system. You can activate audit system with profile parameter rsau/enable.

Cheers

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats correct ST05 is used for perfomance analysis, no good for this things...

The correct suggestion is to check the security audit, you can filter the info in SM20 to show you Logons for that date.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

SM20 is only possible when you have activated the Security Audit Log.

If not you will not be able to query the Security Audit Log via SM20.

Maybe the system statistics in the Workload Monitor can help you.

Start tcode ST03N.

Make sure you change the view to "Expert mode", this is the little arrow above the left panel.

Afterwards choose a certain time period under "Total".

Afterwards you have an option in the left-bottom pane called "User and Settlement Statistics".

When you double click there you will receive a list of users that worked on the system during that specific period (so they also logged on).

Pay attention that the system cumulates data in the Workload Monitor, you only have the recent days available, then the recent weeks, then the recent months, ...

I hope this helps you.

Success.

Wim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu, Yes, You can trace the user logged in SAP system and from which terminal he/she logged in.

Use transactions like Sm19 and Sm20, provide the input details(date, user etc)

These transactions are used for security audit purposes.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Amber S

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

he can do it only if the audit system has been configured to log user logins. If this is not his case then it can't be done. He can get a last logon date in report SUIM -> Users by Logon Date and Password Change.

Cheers