former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SDNers

i create a GOA for three items

01 10000001

02 20000001

03 30000003

now i am holding the contract and again i am negotiating the price with vendor and decided drop an idea for 20000001 so i delete a GOA for second item 02.

Existing Standard SRM

01 10000001

03 30000003

now we expect the below same rather than above.

We want

01 10000001

02 30000003

i can not say my business about bbp_pd concepts.I knew it is srm bug. created message too. Any solution for this?

br

Muthu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I knew it is srm bug.

Not really. The system is designed so that the deletion of items does not physically delete them from DB tables, but marking them with deletion indicator. One of the benefit of this design would be to re-instate the item should you need it in the future. The "undelete" function is already existing in some business object types in SRM. In your case, if you MUST have sequential item numbers, you could theoretically make it happen through implementation of BADI BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI, where you physically remove the deleted item from DB tables and sort the item numbers without skipping.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay

Thanks .BADI helps.

As you aware , it stores in BBP_PD pemenantly. customer wants like sequential order before he released itself.

customer wants to send a GOA to supplier in the sequential manner.SRM standard desgn should take care of this since the buyer even not released the GOA.

Br

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand your point of view. However it could be argued both ways regarding whether or not the deletion should be real or "fake" (only deletion indicator). The system is behaving so that when you sent the document to the backend, the deleted item would not be created in the backend and (with the help of Note 1329584 - Deleted item in preview when contract is in status 'HELD'), the output preview doesn't show deleted items. So my guess is that even if you create an OSS messge to SAP, you might not get a "fix" to this issue. BADI might be your best bet.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay . it was also reported by customer why deleted item also showing in the smartform . Indeed i appreciate . i will implement this note. half of my problem solved. only working on sequential number range..

br

Muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay

Is this problem exists in SRM 700 too on Central Contracts?

SAP should take some initiatives in future for this problem since business may not accept whatever sap says..

BR

Muthu

lisa_sheil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

This is not considered a bug within the standard system, so for future releases this as far as I know will not be changed. There are always other options for customers if the system is not behaving as they wish, these include the use of BADIs and also modifications to the standard. Please note a modification will not be supported by SAP.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

Answers (0)