cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7 - Change portal button name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Expert's,

I'm working with SRM 7 ans i'm facing a problem concerning the text of a few standard buttons around the system. I guess that exists a way of changing the attributes ( in my case the name of the buttons) but not by regestering the standard object.

For example in cFolder's it's possible to edit a XML and change the appearence of the system. Is that possible in SRM ?

Could you please tell me hoe can i modify a webdynpro in order to change the button labels ?

Best regards,

Mário

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go to SPRO transaction.

SRM -> SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Extensions & Field Control (Personalization) -> Control Action.

You see language depend text field.

Regards,

Masa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peter_novoth
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mário,

For example if you would like to change the field label of the button 'Order' in the SC screen, you could do this in the following way:

- Right click on the button 'order' in the browser -> more field help

you'll get this information

Application: /SAPSRM/WDA_L_FPM_OIF

Web Dynpro Component: FPM_OIF_COMPONENT

Window Information: FPM_WINDOW

View Information: CNR_VIEW

Configuration ID: /SAPSRM/WDCC_FPM_OIF_SC_PROFNL

- In the SAP GUI you open in the SE80 transaction the Web Dynpro Component: FPM_OIF_COMPONENT

- In the component configurator (the option at the button), you open the Configuration /SAPSRM/WDCC_FPM_OIF_SC_PROFNL

- Doubleclick on the /SAPSRM/WDCC_FPM_OIF_SC_PROFNL

- Start configurator

- Click on 'Change' mode

- Click on 'Order'

- There you can change the field label.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter.

Thanks for the approach.

My question is when the WebDynpro component is changed in this manner, and then later a new OSS note of Support Package is installed in the system for the same Webdynpro component. Doesnt it wipe off the "Customer Specific" Field Label ?

Or does this provide the appropriate information in SPAU/SPDD when the notes/support packs are uploaded in the future.

Appreciate ur input on whether this method is considered Core Mod?

Regards,

S.

peter_novoth
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, this is a modification with all of the consequences...

Regards,

Peter