cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

value mapping in UDF?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to do the value mapping in a UDF.

ReceiverService at runtime - X --> Value mapping not maintained

ReceiverService - Y ---> Value mapping maintained. I want to use this receievr service.

There are more than 300 VM groups and i dont want all the new receivers to add and i want to handle them in UDF

the value mapping picks the receiver service always from the runtime and i want to handle this in UDF and use a different

receiver service. Is it something possible? any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

You can go for Value Mapping Replication for Mass Data as described in these links-

/people/udo.martens/blog/2009/04/03/value-mapping-replication-scenario

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/2a/9d2891cc976549a9ad9f81e9b8db25/frameset.htm

JDBC lookup is also one option in your case. Have a look at similar discussions for other approach -

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for sending me the links regarding the VM. They are really good but i am looking for something different. Please see the message below.

Regards,

Srini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Since anyways u have already defined 300 VM's,I think it is possible by passing the value mapping output as an argument to the UDF. Define value mapping for BusinessService in configuration.

then in MM,

Constant(BusinessService) -> ValueMapping->UDF

Is this what you are looking for,

or

Getting the Business service itself in the UDF at runtime?

Regards,

Swetha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Plant --->VM --> warehouse

Inside the VM I have

SenderService - Plant

ReceiverService - warehouse.

I want to use a different receiver service than the ReceiverService from runtime. Currently i have hardcoded the receiver but this

will be a problem when we move it to Q, so i want to know is there any way that we can change the receiver in a UDF.

If receiver service at runtime is x use Y - something like this.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Srini