cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Report Default initial view

0 Kudos

I have created a transportable View for a Web Dynpro report using MODE=CONFIG. How does one set this as the Initial/Default view for ALL users, rather than the [Standard View]?. When saving the View, the 'Initial' box is greyed and it would not allow one to check. We want the users to see our View as the default when they start the report.

This should be simple but haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Thanks

Malcolm

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

in ur WDA , go to WINDOWS->right click and choose Embed View ->choose ur view

now right click on the view and choose SET AS DEFAULT

u can make a tcode for ur WDA , using the transaction SE93

Give the transaction name select the radio button Transaction with parameters ...

under default values of transaction give..WDYID

--> under default values give the (name of the screen and values as below)

1.STARTMODE GUI

2.APPLICATION <ur application name>.

regards,

amit

0 Kudos

Hallo Amit,

Thank you for your reply, but this is not what I'm trying to do. I have the Web Dynpro report working correctly, and by going into Config mode one can create a VIEW of which columns are displayed, sort order etc..... this is similar to a Layout in the classic ALV reporting.......From SE80, click on the Web Dynpro Application, from Menu, Web Dynpro App --> Test --> Execute in Administration Mode. One then changes the URL to MODE=CONFIG..... and in this way one can create Transportable Views, that are available to all Users.

My issue is that I want to set one of these Transportable Views I created as the DEFAULT/INITIAL view for all users, instead of the Standard View, which is what defaults in.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you save the view there is check box with the text "Initial View" next to it. The check box is below the Assignment drop down. Please select the check box if you want the view created to be deafult view instead of the standard view.