cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truncate data in other clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A TechEd presentation indicates we need to change the deletion scenario at package level to avoid deleting data from other clients in receiver system. Is this true?

If so, does the required modification occur in the package setting phase?

Best regards,

Russ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Russ,

TDMS will only delete data from the selected client!

The issue with multiclient systems is that TDMS normally uses a socalled Drop-Insert method to delete the Client data.

This method can/will have an impact if there is currently somebody working on the other clients. (up to inability to write changes)

To overcome this it is recommended to switch the global deletion type during the System Analysis phase.

Do not trigger the mass starter : Start Programs for Generation and Receiver Settings.

Go manually through the steps within this activity (using extended mode) and within the receiver settings subsection do not run the "define Deletion Scenario automatically" but use the Optional " change Deletion Scenario on Package Level" .

Change the global Scenario to "O" (overall Array Delete")

That way you can be sure that there will be no impact for other clients.

Best Regards

Joerg Wrage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

as per my experience, if the receiver system is multi-client systems then TDMS tool handles it automatically and deletion takes place only in receiver CLIENT of the system. The other clients data is not touched.

I do not change any setting.

I hope it helps.

Regards,Santosh