cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot "Complete" Service Desk Messages in External System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Solution Manager Experts!

I have an issue where we had two Solution Manager Service Desks and needed to consolidate into one. As part of that exercise, we set up an external service desk relationship between the old service desk (call it SID OLD) and the new service desk (call it SID NEW). When sending the service desk messages from OLD to NEW via the action (Send to External Service Desk) we can only set the status to "Accepted", and the status "Completed" is grayed out for the service desk message that resides in the NEW system. In the NEW system, under the Transaction Details-->Transaction Analysis there an error indicating that the message can only be closed by the external system (OLD). However, in the OLD system, the original message is already set to "Complete", and I am no longer able to do anything with the original service desk message. Even if I make another copy of the message in the OLD system and resend the copy to the NEW system (as status "new"), I still cannot mark the service desk message "Complete". In the OLD system, even of this copy of the service desk message is something other then Complete, I cannot mark it complete and synchronize with the new system. I get an error in the old system that says that "The problem message is locked in external system SM_NEWCLNT030_SERVDESK", which is obviously a reference to the RFC destination for the new external service desk.

How can I go back into the NEW system and change the message to "Complete"? Additionally, even if I could close the message in OLD and synchronize with NEW, I am curious how I would get around this issue if the OLD Solution Manager service desk needed to be decommissioned, and was no longer available, this would still be an issue of closing out service desk messages to a status of "Complete". Is there some kind of program I can run agains certain service desk message numbers which will "break" that relationship with the OLD service desk so I can set those messages that originated in OLD to be "Complete" in NEW?

Any service desk messages that are created directly in NEW can be closed out to "Completed". This is an issue that is only a problem with messages that originated in OLD. I hope this makes sense.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like the workaround described above is not a good way to go afterall. Still have issues with the system status, as that cannot be set to "completed", just "Open", "Released", or "Lock for Distribution". Need to continue to investigage how to close out these tickets, or break the link with the OLD system since I still get errors that the tickets in the NEW system must be closed in the original (OLD)system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a workaround by going into the status profile in the NEW system, double clicking on the CONF status, changed "To be distributed" to "allowed" and "set". Then I backed up one screen so I could see all my status's; and then in the last column of the CONF status in the column labled "Trans.", I set it to RELE instead of FINI.

This enables me to set the "completed" messages from my legacy (OLD) system to "completed" in my (NEW) system. Once I have all the status's set, I'll set the status profile entry for CONF back to the way it was.

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way, the NEW service desk system is Solution Manager 4.0 SP16). The OLD Service desk is Solution Manager 3.0 SP12.