cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Own misstake ERP 6.0 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, i have a big problem with my ERP 6.0 Installation. I was in the Phase 43 of 46 and i must stop the installation, because i have an error , you see that error in the other threads in this thread.

So i restart the installation with : "run a new option" ! And at this moment i get an error that i have not too much disk space! So how can i delete/remove the older error ERP 6.0 installation, that i can restart the installation succesful?

I hope anybody can help me.

Greets Naucho

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,,

You can uninstall existing installation through sapinst --> Software Life cycle --> Uninstall

In the wizard it will ask you to drop database, select it...

Also delete any directories from \program files\sapinst* folder

It will uninstall the existing installation and make a free space.

You can also manually delete datafiles from /oracle/SID/sapdataN

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

but i have already the Solution Manager installed in that system. I want to delete the defect ERP system not the Soliution Manager! Is that right that i can delete the whole sapinst and oracle/SID/sapdataN folder?

Greets Naucho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See if you have multiple installation, you can uninstall specific one...

in the installation wizard it will ask you for instance profile, at that time you can give the profile of the instance which you want to uninstall...

In Manual uninstall, you can remove datafiles from /oracle/SID which you want to uninstall...

In case of any doubt, you can just run the sapinst uninstall process and go through the screens..

You will have clear idea about what it is going to uninstall.

One thing is sure, it will not uninstall other instance as it is residing in different path...

For example.

d:\oracle\SID_1
d:\oracle\SID_2

and

d:\usr\sap\SID_1
d:\usr\sap\SID_2

Regards,

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

i can delete one instance in the installation master my sid is DRC and i have the SCS01 instance and is called with DRV???

But widge one must i delete for the defect erp system? I don´s want to make a misstake that i have already delete the solution manager, because that works.

Thank you for your other answers Rajesh!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First I just wanted to know, is your ERP instance dual stack (ABAP+JAVA) ?

I would recommend you should use sapinst unstaller... (It will take care of all things)

Even if you start the new installation, meanwhile it will find the existing installation and will ask you the same thing... at that moment you can choose DROP DATABASE.

For you information SCS01 instance of SOLMAN will be in under /usr/sap/SID (solman instance directory..)

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your very helpful answers. I delete some old oracle instances and start the installation again.

So I´m in the Phase 10 of 94 : create database schema and remove schema user sapsr3, it is normal that this Phase takes 2-4Hours?

I have many older sapsr3 folders under my sapdata folder. So the task is running and no error occures at this moment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to know that...

Wish you all the best and close the thread if it solved your problem.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Answers (0)