cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transactions menu folders in ERM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a way to configure transaction menus with ERM for single roles? I imported a single role with menu folders to ERM, added a transaction, then generated the role on the backend system. The menu folders are now gone.

If the feature is not available now in ERM, will it be in the future? Anyone know? thanks.

-Dylan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OSS Message opened with SAP.

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dylan,

You should be able to configure transaction menus in ERM. If you enable maintain in PFCG in ERM, it will syncronize your role with the backend PFCG before you generate the role.

You will have to enable this feature in the miscellaneous section in ERM --> Configuration

Thanks!

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankur,

Thank you for responding, unfortunately that did not solve the problem.

I updated the configured (was already done) and I re-imported the role again. Then, instead of generating, I clicked on the "Maintain in PFCG" button and followed the instructions to synchronize. This did the exact same as generating and deleted the menu folders.

Sorry, any other ideas?

-Dylan

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dylan,

I just tested it in my internal system, and the transaction menus are appearing for me. Can you check if you have transactions under S_TCODE?

Thanks!

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankur,

Not sure what you mean by the S_TCODE comment. When adding a transaction to the menu, the S_TCODE object is automatically populated. Just to be sure, here are my steps:

I'm on SP10 of AC5.3

1. create a Single role in SAP with folders and sub-folders in the menu.

2. add at least one transaction to each level (top, folder, sub-folder)

3. generate the role in SAP

4. export the role using /VIRSA/RE_DNLDROLES

5. import the role to ERM

6. generate or "Maintain in PFCG" the role from ERM to SAP

Result: the role will lose the menu folders.

Are these the steps you are taking? thanks.

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dylan,

I apologize, as I think a phone call would have cleared my confusion. Let me talk to people here internally and get you an answer today.

Thanks!

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankur,

Thank you for checking into this. The ERM implementation project is on hold at the moment until we can figure out what to do since we use transaction menu folders heavily in our single roles.

If you need, you can reach me on my cell phone anytime Pacific Standard Time: +1-650-421-6321.

Regards, Dylan

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dylan,

Just left you a voicemail.

Basically, if you have only one transaction code and you remove it, the folder will disappear. However, if you have multiple transaction codes and you modify one or two, the folders should not disappear. Please open a CSS message for this issue, and attach screenshots of your steps to recreate. And please forward me the screenshots.

Thanks!

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for your voice mail. I tried also unsuccessfully with multiple folders.

OSS message 0000048393 2010 was opened yesterday and additional data has been added to it today.

My guess is that the folder information is not being extracted from SAP, but with the role generation the transactions are being re-inserted (overwitten). Just a guess...

Thanks for checking into this.

Best Regards, Dylan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dylan.

Please, can you share the SAP answer for this issue?

I have the same problem and we have planned to go live y 15 days :S

Thanks you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dylan / Ankur

Can you advise if this issue was resolved, as I have a customer asking the same query now and would not want to give them the wrong information.

Tks

Elizabeth

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dylan,

You should be able to configure transaction menus in ERM. If you enable maintain in PFCG in ERM, it will syncronize your role with the backend PFCG before you generate the role.

You will have to enable this feature in the miscellaneous section in ERM --> Configuration

Thanks!

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG