cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration based on system landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have ABAP Proxy -> File scenario. We have one development XI box connected to 3 SAP systems (dev, quality and training) and we have corresponding file locations. In this case do I have to create 3 configuration scenarios to cater to each environment (dev, quality and training)? For pre-prod and prod I have corresponding XI systems. Is there any better way to fulfill this requirement?

Thanks a lot in advance for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

The business systems are different for the 3 landscapes (dev, qa and production) so you have to create

3 Communication channels

3 Interface determinations

1 Receiver determination (conditional receiver determination)

3 Receiver agreements

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for all your inputs.

If I go ahead creating all the configuration objects ( 3 Communication channels, 3 Interface determinations, 1 Receiver determination (conditional receiver determination), 3 Receiver agreements ) when we move to next landscape (pre prod) all these objects will be redundant.

From pre prod and up we have 1-1 correspondence between XI system and corresponding back end systems. Could you please provide some inputs?

Thanks and regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please provide some inputs on this?

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I said before " if you want to make it neat and clean (look & maintainance wise) then create 3 configuration scenarios."

This means you transport only desired configuration into production and leave rest. Secondly you have always a choice to configure the things as per production environment. What matters, is design part (IR part) so if it is only case of ID part then you can always alter the things after you transport them, I mean delete unwanted objects.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

i described a similar situation / challenge in my blog [Parallel SAP Backend Modules|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/17139] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to create 3 configuration scenarios, just one is enough. In the configuration scenario you can create 3 Receiver Determination for each sending system (dev, quality and training) and accordingly create 3 Interface determination, 3 receiver agreements, & 3 CCs.

But if you want to make it neat and clean (look & maintainance wise) then create 3 configuration scenarios.

Regards,

Sarvesh