cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalidate the Adaptive RFC Dictionary Cache

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had to do RFC interface structure changes for a Webdynpro JAVA application.I had deployed the application and used the administrative function "Invalidate Adaptive RFC Dictionary Cache" within the Web Dynpro console" to explicitly invalidate the metadata cache..

Before using this tool, I was not able to run the application.This tool helped to run the application.

But When I Submit the data to the RFC from this application I get the following Exception:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$MetaData.getType(JCO.java:10210)

I understand from the SAP note 859950, Metadata is not invalidated without J2EE Engine restart.

Is there any update from SAP after this note..Pls let me know if some one has done a workaround instead of restarting the SAP NW Application server.

Thanks, Sethu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We went through this same issue many times and we opened an issue with SAP a few months ago.

The invalidate is very limited and does not handle a clustered server architecture. It is meant only for a single node, single server setup. All of our environments are multi-node and multi-server.

The tool will only invalidate the node that the Basis Administrator is currently logged onto. Therefore if your server architecture consists of > 1 node and/or > 1 servers then you will have nodes/servers that still have the previous version of the metadata cached.

SAP said the Basis administrator would have to log onto each node and run the invalidate tool. In a multi-node setup there is no easy way to do this because there is no control which node you will be put on. If you have 1 node per server then yes you can log onto each server and run the tool.

In the end SAP said they do not support the Invalidate tool in a multi-node/multi-server cluster.

They said to perform a J2EE restart, period.

Hope that helps.

Dean Cyril Wood

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

I think the problem can be resolved by other way also have a look on following pointer hope it will help.

[Must Know DynPro Notes|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5150] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[Adaptive RFC Troubleshooting Guide|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/f3f93ee7-0c01-0010-2593-d7c28b5377c2&overridelayout=true]

Regards

Jeetendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, you will need to restart.

Regards,

Daniel