Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The auto capture of Pro forma invoice when Creating the orginal invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can some suggest me how to achieve this functionality:

In one of my requirement I am creating the Pro-forma invoice and the actual invoice using different billing types using the code: VHF.

The problem is when I create the actual invoice the preformed invoice document number is not appearing by default.

Please help me understand how can the system will dispaly be default the Performa inv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand you rightly, you want the same Invoice number from the proforma and real invoice. This is not possible, you cannot have two invoice documents with the same number as each is a separate entry in table VBRK.

All you can do is in the print program of the real invoice retrieve the invoice number of the proforma invoice and print that in additional information somewhere on the real invoice as a reference. You'll need to do that in your print program and print form with help of your abaper.

Rgds

Richard

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understood your requirement correctly, you would be generating a proforma referencing a delivery document and later on, you would be generating a commercial invoice for the same delivery.

If this is the case, you have to key in manually the delivery reference and not the proforma if you are executing VF01 or you can select the required delivery reference in VF04.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I am doing Order related billing.

Steps are:

1. Creating the contract--VA41

2. Creating the Pro forma invoice--Vf01 with differnt billing type.

3. Creating the Actual invoice -VF01 with nother billing type.

I beleive this happens becoz of the copy controls but when I am creating the Actual invoice with reference Proforma invoice, the Proforma invoice number that is already generated by System is not automatically picking up in my VF01 as I need to enter manually.

Thanks

ANGKS

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
2. Creating the Pro forma invoice--Vf01 with differnt billing type.
3. Creating the Actual invoice -VF01 with nother billing type.

Let us assume, your proforma type is F5 and commercial billing type is F2. As you would be aware, normally either sale order / contract reference or delivery reference will be populated in VF01 based on the value maintained for that item category. Go to VOV7, select your item category and check for the field "Billing Relevance" what is maintained. Nevertheless, in VF01, the contract reference will flow but I dont think, proforma will flow.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi