cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous Soap - Synchronous RFC scenario for BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where I have to use BPM for a synchronous Soap message and Synchronous RFC.

Synch soap --> XI -

> Synch RFC

and RFC response is send back to soap sending system.

Is it possible to achieve this using BPM . Pl let me know the steps involved.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If both sender and receiver systems are Sync, you really dont need a BPM unless you need to introduce a business process or some other technical considerations needs to eb included.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/11/07/walkthrough--soap-xi-rfcbapi - talks abt what you need to define.

FYI¬¬ Something similar;

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfcxiwebservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfcxiwebservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply guys.We do have this scenario working in production without BPM involved.

My requirement is to change the existing scenario so as to introduce a parallel mapping object which can be used by customers to do there customizations and when ever we (my company) provides new release of our product the customers will need to upgrade the older version to newer version using release transfer tool without messing up with there customizations.

I wanted to use BPM so as to use two transformations in BPM where 1 transformation will have OOTB mappings and another will have the mapping object to be used by customers to overwrite OOTB mappings.

Thanks,

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you need a bpm for this requirement?

you can do this even without bpm:

http://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/7729?page=last&x-order=date [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]