cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM_DATA_COLLECTION fails with (Output device "" not known) error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an issue with Output BPM_DATA_COLLECTION_1 job in the satellite system failing with 'Output device "" not known error. Since it is collecting data for Solution Manager system why does is it trying to find an output device.

It did not fail before and now I added another key figure (custom one) which is done the same way the other custom monitors are done in "Z_BPM_ECU_COLLECTOR" report and then in /SSA/EXM program, but the collector job started to fail.

Also, for some reason there are two BPM_DATA_COLLECTION jobs, one is BPM_DATA_COLLECTION_1 and the other is BPM_DATA_COLLECTION_2. _1 runs every 5 min and _2 is less frequent. They both seem to runt the same job which is /SSA/EXS. Why are there two jobs scheduled from solution manager in my satellite system?

Thank you very much for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

michael_sharrar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the heads up Paul. I am new to these forums and have now reviewed the rules of engagement.

I have also created a new thread for my question.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Sergiy,

This may be due to a custom user exit, however isnce it had been working, perhaps SAP Note 48400 may be of help here?

SAP Note 48400 - Reorganization of TEmSe and Spool - Perhaps the error is caused by an inconsistency in the Spool or in the database for temporary sequential objects? Its worth a try.

Regards,

Paul

michael_sharrar
Participant
0 Kudos

I am experiencing this same issue in our ECC 6.0 system. We currently have ST-A/PI release 01M_ECC600 level 0001 applied to our system. These jobs finish successfully in SM37, but I'm seeing the same error messages in our system logs (SM21).

When I try to update the output device that is associated with these jobs, the user ID running the jobs is not valid since it's user type is Communication Data.

Does anyone know if it ok to change the user for this job? Should it be run by DDIC? I believe the jobs were created automatically when we applied ST-A/PI release 01M_ECC600 level 0001.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

Please review the rules of engagement.

You should be creating your own question so you can award points.

Posts should only contain one question, so when it is answered it can be closed, and then becomes a searchable solution.

You should open your own question. Please.

Thank you.

Regards,

Paul