cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAMANAGER HTTP BASIC AUTHENTICATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to publish a webservice in QA, i have created the service and the endpoint in the soamanager, but i have a issue that i can't configure the endpoint with HTTP BASIC Authentication.

Let me explain my self better,

1.- tcode SOAMANAGER

2.- search for my webservice.

3.- create the service

4.- tab provider security

In this TAB "Provider Secutiry" I can't find HTTP BASIC Authentication.

I have only the following options.

HTTPS

Signature & Encryption

Secure Conversion

I don't want any of this transport types. How can i modify it to use HTTP Basic Authentication?

here is the options: [Security|http://desarrollo.unimet.edu.ve:8001/passwd/images/sdn-providerSecurity.png]

Thanks & Regards,

Cesar Felce

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

HTTP Basic Authentication means that you do not have any transport security and authentication is done using User name/Password. In provider Secuirity tab in SOAMANAGER for your chosen End Point, choose Communication security: 'None', Authentication Method : 'User ID/Password'. Save the End point.

Thanks,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

thanks for the reply, but if you see the link "Security" in the message you can notice that the option is not there.

Can you show me how can i configure the soamanager so the option of Basic authentication get displayed.

here is the image again: http://desarrollo.unimet.edu.ve:8001/passwd/images/sdn-providerSecurity.png

Thanks & Regards,

Cesar Felce

Edited by: Cesar Felce on Jan 20, 2010 3:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I looked at our EhP3 & EhP4 systems. We do have a 'No Transport Guarantee' option in Provider Security tab. I hope something you are missing in your client depending upon your Enhancement pack/Support pack level. I suggest you may take it up with SAP to get an OSS solution.

Thanks,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello venu,

Maybe you are right, but the thing is that i can't apply the EHP4 in the ERP. Becuase of all the funcional customization.

It's is to recommend that, but te reallity is another one. jejeje

I was trying to use the HTTPS, but i don't know how to generate de X509 certificate from SAP.

How can i create the X509? and in what TX is STRUST?

Thanks Venu,

Cesar Felce